Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Make the older Nav-DVD_version in the REC

2. You must are in the AM Mode

3. Then the following key combination: AM >> FM>> Nav then push 2 and 6 and press simultaneously and hold the cancel button

then you are in the diagnostic menu.

now you going to >> unit check >> Debuging >> Force Download >>> and press yes.

Now the REC are reset and install the older software

·
Registered
13 Posts
new software

Is there a way to check the version of the software we have?
Also is there update of a new software? I'm sure alot of the guys would like to update ther old navigation menu's and options.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to check the version of the software we have?
Also is there update of a new software? I'm sure alot of the guys would like to update ther old navigation menu's and options.

Thanks again

just take the dvd out, because on it the software version is always beginning with 2 letters and then a number.

AG would have to be current in the USA.......

·
Registered
98 Posts
AG would have to be current in the USA.......
Current US version is now AI, released in November. No noticeable software changes, although I've read it's supposed to improve routing. I have noted that parks and golf courses are now more clearly delineated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
software upgarde

Actually I meant in the lines of software upgade for the Rec radio or flash or formware of some sort.
Order to change the color of the menu's or have more options such as eq, not related to navigation discs or versions.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Mopar/NAVTEQ navigation discs also contain any software updates there might be, as well as updated navigation map/POI data. I'm not aware of a disc or program for the REC that just provides software or firmware updates for additional functionality/menu color/etc.

Version information for disc AI is:

Application: 02.07.10
Database: 05.0902.00.093009.0013

·
Registered
2 Posts
A bit of a warning. I tried this and now have a nice black screen. Radio works, but no display.

I tried to move back to my original AE disk from a defective AF disk and apparently the load failed. Joy... New unit is $2450 and used is $650.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WayDennis,
I tried and now I have the same problem.
Now have a black screen and only Radio works.

I tried it:

MENU... >> unit check >> Debuging >> Force Download >>> and press yes.

So, apparently the load failed. I'm very concerned about that.

Do you have any idea to solve it?
What you did to solve?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A bit of a warning. I tried this and now have a nice black screen. Radio works, but no display.

I tried to move back to my original AE disk from a defective AF disk and apparently the load failed. Joy... New unit is $2450 and used is $650.
Did you find a way to fix this? I just tried the same thing did I just brick my unit?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts