Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 300C with the REC radio and the Sirius system and the rear VES system. I have several questions. First can the rear seat passengers listen to some other function on the headsets than the front radio is set to? (Like listen to Sirius on the headsets while the CD's are playing thru the vehicle speakers) Also will the headset work in the front passsenger seat or only in the rear seat? I have some passengers that don't like my selections on Sirius, my CD's, etc. Thanks, regards, Bob.

·
Registered
56 Posts
BobF said:
I have a 2006 300C with the REC radio and the Sirius system and the rear VES system. I have several questions. First can the rear seat passengers listen to some other function on the headsets than the front radio is set to? (Like listen to Sirius on the headsets while the CD's are playing thru the vehicle speakers) Also will the headset work in the front passsenger seat or only in the rear seat? I have some passengers that don't like my selections on Sirius, my CD's, etc. Thanks, regards, Bob.
The rear seat passengers can listen to what's in the VES OR what's selected up front, but as far as I could tell the front radio is not a "dual-zone output" radio.

There VES has no ability to access any sources internal to the radio - only the radio had that control in the vehicle we worked with. But that was a Nav radio - anyone see anything different?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The rear passengers can listen to whatever the front passengers are not. If front passengers are listenting to SAT then the rear passengers can listen to the radio or cd changer. Or if the front passengers are listening to the radio then the rear passengers may use the SAT. Also if the rear passengers are watching a movie then the front system can select VES and hear the audio. But if you have the system modified with the TV/NAVtogo mod then front passengers can flip another remote switch and watch the rear DVD image on the NAV as well. As for the headsets They work anywhere in the car but only audio from the rear VES is heard.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
el_duderino said:
The rear seat passengers can listen to what's in the VES OR what's selected up front, but as far as I could tell the front radio is not a "dual-zone output" radio.

There VES has no ability to access any sources internal to the radio - only the radio had that control in the vehicle we worked with. But that was a Nav radio - anyone see anything different?
On the contrary, it actually is dual zone. The rear seat passengers can select any available source that the head unit has.

The wiring in the 10 pin connector includes:
3 wires (L/R/C) for SAT input,
3 wires (L/R/C) for VES input,
3 wires (L/R/C) for VES output (to transmit over wireless headphones).

It actually is a pretty nice unit, but I think they should have designed it as a dual headrest option instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts