2007 Chrysler Aspen

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I have not heard or seen anything official from Chrysler, or whatever they call themselves these days.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in Australia and i got my letter today!

Apparently according to the letter there is a replacement part shortage by the sounds of things.

I am not an expert in this area but can some one tell me what is involved with this recall? is it just the steering wheel airbag that is replaced? Or is it one of those issues where they take the dash apart too? id rather not get more rattles than i already do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Still nothing in my mailbox.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone else gotten a recall notice in the mail about this? I just now checked online and found that my car is affected, but I haven't gotten a recall notice in the mail.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Anyone else gotten a recall notice in the mail about this? I just now checked online and found that my car is affected, but I haven't gotten a recall notice in the mail.

Not I.

The rest of the world with get theirs first while the US lawyers go over the paperwork with a fine tooth comb. ::wink::

·
Registered
27 Posts
In Australia the recalls.gov.au website has listed the Chrysler 300c airbag recall since February 2015, yet as of now (May 2015) I have yet to receive a communication from Chrysler about my vehicle, which I have owned since new in 2006. I found this curious as I had just recently taken the car to a dealership to replace a front sidemarker lamp that the dealership had seemingly broken during a routine service last year. Recalling that on one occasion a few years ago a dealer representative did tell me that there was some confusion about Chrysler's records about my car, I contacted Chrysler Australia this week to discover that, for reasons unknown to me, some idiot at Chrysler had decided in 2007 - a year after I had purchased the car - to chance the recorded owner of the car to someone else. That someone else was the person whom I remember appearing on original papers for the car, someone who had paid a deposit for the car, joined a waiting list, then changed his mind as the car arrived in Australia. Then along I came, skipped the waiting list, and paid the rock-bottom price that I was demanding. As luck would have it, the dealership (Oakleigh) was closing down and the 300C was the last remaining Chrysler to be liquidated, which helped the price negotiation. While other buyers were typically paying the retail price and waiting up to five months, I was paying at least 10% below that price and picked up the car the same day that I discovered it. All I had to do was accept blue instead of silver or black. I can well understand the original confusion about ownership because the dealer was closing down and, I noticed, the dealership seemed to be in disarray, e.g. the car wasn't even prepared for delivery, being still covered in some of its protective covers etc from the shipping yard, and the salesman at first couldn't even find the keys. That a year later someone at Chrysler decided to revert the record to an incorrect state shows that it was not only the dealer that was in disarray. And to this day, parts ordering from Chrysler (long delays, up-front payment for every order as though I am the only 300c owner in Australia), continues Chrysler's fine tradition of annoying customers.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Anyone had the airbag recall performed yet? I got the e-mail a while back, but got the actual letter in the mail today. Really don't want to take it to my local Dodge dealer. They're awful

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I got a letter from FCA on Wednesday but it stated parts are not available and a second letter will be coming sometime. My mom had hers fixed 2 weeks ago. She has a 2005 300 Limited. We just drove her car from Nashville to Dayton OH. I was surprised t see it only gets 24 mpg on the highway. If I drive under 70 I can get 22-23 in my SRT. Time to upgrade her car to a 3.6 V6 with an 8 speed. I drove one (rental) to VA and got 30 mpg. Do I see another 300 in my future????

·
Premium Member
2,239 Posts
Just got my letter(s) yesterday ('05 300C and '07 Ram 1500) saying I will get another letter when parts are available. I'm curious though, what does the "P81" mean? Because the text of my letters are identical to what was posted in this thread, but my recall number is R25 / NHTSA 15V-313 for both vehicles. Does the "P81" vs "R25" mean anything or is it just a regional thing?

Also looks like some early '05 LX's need the passenger inflator replaced too. Thankfully my '05 was built late enough only the driver side is affected. I can deal with them removing my steering wheel cover but I'm not sure I want anyone tearing into my dash!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just got my letter(s) yesterday ('05 300C and '07 Ram 1500) saying I will get another letter when parts are available. I'm curious though, what does the "P81" mean? Because the text of my letters are identical to what was posted in this thread, but my recall number is R25 / NHTSA 15V-313 for both vehicles. Does the "P81" vs "R25" mean anything or is it just a regional thing?

Also looks like some early '05 LX's need the passenger inflator replaced too. Thankfully my '05 was built late enough only the driver side is affected. I can deal with them removing my steering wheel cover but I'm not sure I want anyone tearing into my dash!
Im not sure but I have a 2005 300C and i got my R25 recall serviced yesterday. Took an hour and now i am all set. Just call your local dealership

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Still nothing!
Maybe I should check my VIN?
Nah! They know where to find me, I got the gas tank warranty okay.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ya i got the recall letter about 2 weeks ago. Just haven't had time to go take of it yet. Kinda annoying that theres a recall on the first damn recall to fix the air bags. But oh well I'm not the one payin for it.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
935 Posts

Hi kevenj,
The R25 Recall has replaced the P81 Recall. It has been updated to include additional model years of the vehicle, so the recall title has changed. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts