Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
GEN XER said:
Just too clarify things for you "mileshoover", the word "bulkhead" is a nautical term used by mariners and it means "wall". Someone at DCX really dug in the book for that one.
:^))) Yeah. I know. That post you quoted was written in early July. I knew what a "bulkhead" was, (spent about 25 active years in the USMC and am USMC Retired) -- what confused me was which wall. Still not sure even though the fix was put not required on my car.

Using nautical terms by auto makers isn't so unusual, though. "Cabin" is used considerably for the passenger area, or "fenders" for something to protect the sides, etc.

Since the battery is in the trunk, did DC mean the trunk wall or the firewall in the engine compartment where some remote battery connections appear? There are ground connections in both places. I was informed by my Service Writer that it was the firewall, but this guy, from recent observations about my parking brake, elsewhere in the forum, obviously is not the swiftest clink in the bottle factory.

The trunk wall makes more sense since it is closer to the battery. Sort of OBE'd (overcome by events), though.

Glad to see you are reading the threads fully and carefully, though. :^)))

Thanks and best to you.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I figured you knew, you sound pretty educated in these forum halls and I Kind of guessed you were a Marine, by your thread. I can only dream of the day when I say "I did ____ years" in the Army. I like that word Retired, but I got 5 more to give to my uncle before I can even begin to let that thought take over. Thanks for taking care of us in this forum as Im sure you did for your Marines. HOOOAAA!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I got 13 1/2 years left with the Army Reserves-I joined to pay off my loans from my decade long career as a professional college student. The money I would be sending to the bank for loan repayment is now going to a different bank for 300 payments. My civilian employment pension is lousy and I'm counting on finishing my 20 for a decent military pension. I envy the career active duty soldiers and Marines who receive their retirement pay at 20 years-so if your 18 and joined, you would begin receiving your benefit at 38....not a bad deal. Well this is not a 300 topic.......

·
Registered
120 Posts
lvd2340 said:
There are currently 6 Recalls on the 300's.

Safety Recall D21 - Rear floorpan reinforcement spot welds.
Safety Recall D28 - Battery cable bulkhead stud fasteners.
Safety Recall D30 - Shoulder belt adjuster turning loop bolts.
Customer Satisfaction Notification D27 - Tire and loading information label.
Customer Satisfaction Notification D29 - Reprogram PCM - Electronic Throttle Control (2.7L)
Emissions Recall D25 - Replace PCM and install correct software. (Hemi)
Is there a web site to read about these recalls? I'd be interested in the D25.

·
Registered
437 Posts
arnoldw said:
Does anyone know where the bulkhead stud for cable fasteners is?
OK, I checked the service manual and found the bulkhead cable fasteners. The positive cable runs under the carpet and there's a connection at the firewall (bulkhead) on the front passenger side under the carpet. The manual shows it on p. 8F24 and 8F25.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.