Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will need to replace the pads and rotors on my 2012 300c Luxury 5.7. rwd. I thought I upgraded the stock back in Oct 2017 by purchasing R1 Concept drilled and slotted set. Now after just a few months they squeal and warping. Highway stopping gets scary so its time for another change. I really like the look of a drilled or slotted and looking for recommendations.

My R1 story. purchased full set through amazon and thankfully realized they sent the wrong rotor for one. Customer service was super nice and helpful and offered to send out another. Waited a week and as soon as I opened the box I knew it was not right. Actually it was right, it just was not machined properly. The hub looked like some took a grinder to it. It was not going on my car. Called again and simply requested a refund. I lost my trust in the product. But they offered to send out the correct rotor and refund my purchase. Sweet I thought as long as I get the right part. So after nearly a month of waiting I finally have a full set and got my money back. I know I received a refund but I would still expect some sort of customer service when I reach out to customer support as they did give me their product when I was happy to return it. Once my rotors started warping I emailed support multiple times and have yet to receive any type response, its probably been almost 2 months now. So I am on my own to find another company that will stand behind their product.

Sorry for the venting just wanted to tell my story in case anyone was thinking about them. I do not beat on my car to much. It is my daily driver as I do about 70 miles of highway driving for work each day. I do not want to spent the money to upgrade the entire brakes system as this would be upwards of $1000 or more easily. What options have you guys found that has done you well?

powerstop?
ebc?
etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check out Brake Performance. Installed their dimpled/slotted rotors and semi-metallic pads at 82K and still doing good at 102K. Their web site is full of good info plus the rotors come with life time warranty.

·
Administrator
13,064 Posts
Also consider Stop Tech rotors and pads.

Did you bed the pads and season the rotors when you put on the R1 parts?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stop tech is on the list. I bedded the brakes according to the paperwork they sent. It was in my passenger seat after install and I did each as the paper said. I am pretty religious about following these. Kept any hard stops to a minimum for as long as I could. Brought the car in to two different places to have suspension and parts inspected to make sure something else was not a cause.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have had a set of PowerShot brakes on my 2006 ram for 7 years now and they have performed great. When it's time though I will probably get wilwoods for my 300.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
brakeperformance.com & Nakamoto rotors or????

I am looking for new pads and rotors for my 300. 5.7l rwd. Bought some R1 concepts in Sept of last year and by Feb they started warping. I thought I would go with the Powerstop Z26 package for around $400. Been looking around at my options and not sure where to put the money. Anyone have experience with Nakamoto rotors from 1aauto or brakeperformance.com? And is there any other options for say $400 and under that I should be looking at? I prefer something slotted. Would like the performance look versus the OE rotors. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts