Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just changed out my battery today and all the lights and guages are going crazy on my dash and my radio wont work. i talked to the dealer and they told me to drive it about 10 miles and it should clear itself. i drove about 1/2 mile and a red light on the bottom left of the dash began flashing. this light is not identified in my book. i did pull the pcm fuse in hopes of resetting it but that did not work.
is it safe to drive?

thanks for any help.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Is it possible to post a picture of the light you're talking about? Might be able to have a better idea of what you're trying to explain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
funny thing, i put the old battey back in and hooked it up to a battery charger and everything is back to normal. the two batteries have identical part numbers so i guess it is a problem with the new battery?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, i exchanged the new battery for another new battery with dealer and everything is working like it should.
also, the dealer could not ( or would not ) tell me what the red light was for.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
The little round red light opposite the seatbelt light? That's for your SKIS (sentry key immobilizer system), it indicates various things (usually it flashes only when your car is locked and the alarm is active).

That particular light is between the speedometer and the fuel gauge *looking at a pic*

If it was, however, a light on the field to the left of the fuel gauge, it might've simply been a battery charge fail light or something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The little round red light opposite the seatbelt light? That's for your SKIS (sentry key immobilizer system), it indicates various things (usually it flashes only when your car is locked and the alarm is active).

That particular light is between the speedometer and the fuel gauge *looking at a pic*

If it was, however, a light on the field to the left of the fuel gauge, it might've simply been a battery charge fail light or something.
by the location you described it must be the SKIS. i have not seen it lit before so it concerened me.
thank you much for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts