Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with TSB's? Since my car is still under warranty, can I bring the vehicle to the dealership and have them perform the TSB's for free (so long as the car is exhibiting symptoms of the problem solved by the TSB) ?

Since I bought the car used, I do not know what TSB's have already been performed - can the dealer look into this for me? I guess they would be able to just check and see based on observation or computer analysis.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
TSB's are just work/repair instructions. Normally they are all covered under the factory warranty, although alignment and/or brake TSB's may not be covered if your car has been driven over 1 year, or 12k miles.

The dealer won't normally perform a TSB repair unless your car has the problem.

Since you bought used, hopefully you paid for the $150 warranty transfer within the first 30 days.

If the car was serviced at a Chrysler dealer, you would think any dealer could see the repair history by plugging in your VIN into the Chrysler computer systems. But I don't know if that is the case. You should call a dealer and ask. I know Carfax has some repair history, but it does not appear to be reliable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, joey!

At only 11,500 miles it seems like the brakes are acting up / not what they should be. I'll have to get it checked out.

·
Registered
771 Posts
TSB: Technical service bulletin.

A bulletin issued to an auto dealer by the manufacturer detailing a fix for a known concern. The bulletin is for informational purposes only. It is not a recall.

·
Premium Member
4,541 Posts
Since you bought used, hopefully you paid for the $150 warranty transfer within the first 30 days.
That transfer fee only applied to the 7yr/70,000 mile powertrain warranty that was only available on 2005 models.

The regular 3yr/36,000 mile comprehensive warranty goes with the car no matter what, and there is no transfer fee. The "lifetime" powertrain warranty that started in mid 2007 is only available to the original buyer and cannot be transferred at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts