Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend accidentally pumped a half tank of 87 in my 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8. I drove that gas down to a quarter tank then filled the rest of the tank with 93. I can that gas all the way down and now have a full tank of 93. It doesnt feel the same when i try to make a wide open throttle. Could be all in my head or could be true trying to figure out what to do, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
In theory the computer should adjust for the gas you're running. Not sure whether it will take a few miles for it to get used to the decent stuff again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok because the tankis still full, hopefully by half a tank its back to normal if not ill consider a check up

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
You mention filing the tank. With a 2006, do you know if the tank has even been replaced under the X53 program? Link

If not and you need to check have a read here: Link2

·
Registered
474 Posts
The lower octane fuel would allow pinging under hard acceleration. If you did that for a prolonged period of time, yes you could damage your pistons. One tank...no way. All in your head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I considered the fact its all in my head and the car has been pretty good except for a few times where ive stepped all the way down on the peddle and it doesnt take off for a couple seconds. I was thinking it could be something with the sensor since it dumbed down to adapt to the regular gas. Maybe thats in my head too and the car is just having some minor tweaks other than that the car has shut off on me at redlight but i think it was cause my car was overheated and I have put some coolant since then

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Next time that happens go and get octane booster right away to avoid the crap you are dealing with now. I speak from experience I went to a station that the pump was pumping reg no matter which button you selected and they did not tell anybody. I made them pay for my octane booster.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next time that happens go and get octane booster right away to avoid the crap you are dealing with now. I speak from experience I went to a station that the pump was pumping reg no matter which button you selected and they did not tell anybody. I made them pay for my octane booster.
Ive already emptied the tank
Ive already emptied the tank and filled it with premium multiple times. My car is literally over with the car shuts off after 3 minutes of driving. Will the octane booster still fix it? Im ready to sell this thing mechanics csnt even figure out whats wrong with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Premo2334
Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums
Join the 300c forum community to discuss the Chrysler 300c, SRT8, horsepower specs, AWD system and so much more!
Full Forum Listing