Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I took the plunge and ordered the Navigation lockpick device from the US.
I am happy to report that it works 100% with my UK -REJ Navigation system.:biggrin:

I fitted it myself in about an hour.

I now can get my Iphone 3G S - sound and video on the Nav screen. the reverse camera input function is also unlocked although i haven't yet fitted the reversing camera. ( have ordered a number plate surround that has the CCD reverse camera integrated into it)

The lockpick allows for almost any video (NTSC - US standard) and audio input. Most sources can output PAL - UK and NTSC - US.

The cost even after import duty and charges was still comparable to the cost of an Ipod kit.

The lockpick was designed for the US REC navigation unit, so i took a little gamble but it paid off.

If anyone needs any advice or has any questions about where to buy or installation, please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
yes there great arent they, i put front a rear camera and love it, the irecorder is good fun and installs easy, if you can find a cheap one off ebay well worth it

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh i have waited to hear these news for so long, i have a swedish REJ system and i hate that i can not connect my ipod !

Could you please pm me the link to the product otherwise i will surely screw it up :D

Im happy for u that it worked !

·
Registered
180 Posts
Oh man i have looked like crazy for the lockpick, i hope dave699 goes online soon ...

dave mail me on [email protected] if you can cuz im going crazy... i have done everything to be able to get the ipod to work and everything failed....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont know if i'm doing a big no no by postíng this but is this the site ?

REC NAV LOCKPICK
Not sure if you were allowed to post link or not but yes that is the device i have used.

Carefully check you have the white three pin connector on the rear of your REJ Nav unit. If you have it get the device ordered.

I used ebay, search for REC LOCKPICK - I ordered mine from a dealer in California for the same price as the manufacturers quote. The manufacturers will not ship internationally at this time.

The device comes with easy instructions, no cutting of wires is needed. Plug one end to the car and the other end to your Nav unit.

Next I used an Ipod/Iphone Composite AV out cable, available from Apple in white but check eBay for a Black version, much more suitable for a car.

Plug in the three connectors Left and Right Audio (red and white) and Video (yellow) and enjoy! AV cable also comes with USB charge input so your phone/ipod also gets charged too.

I will PM links to all items to you. You may find them cheaper locally. Enjoy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you tell me where you ordered the kit from and how much it actually cost also what exactly did you order cheers
PM'd all details, hope it helps, if you need any fitting advice etc please ask, if your anywhere near North East any time I'll gladly help you fit it, but honestly its a doddle.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Which is my 05 nav unit? is mine REJ?.I'm not up on the nav things,lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Were bouts in the north east u from Dave? Im in Middlesbrough.
You'll have been there for a lemon top! and maybe some fish and chips.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Which is my 05 nav unit? is mine REJ?.I'm not up on the nav things,lol
Not sure but the REJ with the reverse camera input (which is required for the lockpick) started in 2007.

REJ is Euro equivalent of REC (US) Navigation unit.
It is double Din (twice the size of standard car CD player)
It is NOT touchscreen, has a single CD slot in the top which loads all 6 CD's
and another slot with a cover on it at the bottom of the unit which takes the Navigation disc.
Mine has 'REJ' printed in small lettering on the bottom right of the fascia.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure but the REJ with the reverse camera input (which is required for the lockpick) started in 2007.

REJ is Euro equivalent of REC (US) Navigation unit.
It is double Din (twice the size of standard car CD player)
It is NOT touchscreen, has a single CD slot in the top which loads all 6 CD's
and another slot with a cover on it at the bottom of the unit which takes the Navigation disc.
Mine has 'REJ' printed in small lettering on the bottom right of the fascia.

Hope this helps.
Mine is a '55' and I just checked it has REJ written on the bottom right, is it worth getting one of these devices, cheers?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not sure if you were allowed to post link or not but yes that is the device i have used.

Carefully check you have the white three pin connector on the rear of your REJ Nav unit. If you have it get the device ordered.

I used ebay, search for REC LOCKPICK - I ordered mine from a dealer in California for the same price as the manufacturers quote. The manufacturers will not ship internationally at this time.

The device comes with easy instructions, no cutting of wires is needed. Plug one end to the car and the other end to your Nav unit.

Next I used an Ipod/Iphone Composite AV out cable, available from Apple in white but check eBay for a Black version, much more suitable for a car.

Plug in the three connectors Left and Right Audio (red and white) and Video (yellow) and enjoy! AV cable also comes with USB charge input so your phone/ipod also gets charged too.

I will PM links to all items to you. You may find them cheaper locally. Enjoy.
Would you be able to PM all the links to me aswel please, i am very interested in getting this item, thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would you be able to PM all the links to me aswel please, i am very interested in getting this item, thanks
take a look at this website and check if yours has the white reverse cam input it is vitally important you have this or you will be wasting your money.

REC NAV LOCKPICK

If you have the input PM me back and i'll send you all the links.

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Has anyone got a picture of the lockpic or a radio Schematic that shows the 3 pin camera input plug please ?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Cheers Bob but mine is pre Mygig but thanks I forgot to say that

1 - 20 of 48 Posts