Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
As you say the "U" codes cant be cleared with TorquePro but its not significant and seems as though you will be Ok now
All sorted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I took her in to the mechanic today to change wintertires and did a readout overthere,It still showed the glow module and four plugs,replaced all that and codes cleared.
The 1408 did NOT! show up on his scanner but instead showed the P242F.
So I will go back tomorrow with my own scanner and see if the 1408 still pops up on it....

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
P242F is Diesel Particulate Filter blocked.

This code should not be there if you have the voltage you stated on the correct pin.

Alternatively, you could fit the plug back into the diff pressure sensor and try running like that to see if the code clears.

Jack

·
Registered
11 Posts
The mechanic now suspects the o2 sensor on the cat,he thinks it weird that the 242 code pops up whithout the engine running,since there is nothing to measure at that point,we can delete the 242 code but it comes back the second time you turn the key,we did check the wiring but couldn´t find any chaffing at all.It´s a puzzle....

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Cant see how he suspects the O2 sensor from that particular code ? There are many codes that are specifically related to O2 sensor problems and if none are logged I wonder why he suspects that ?
O2 sensors can normally be checked by reading live data and checking the speed of response to blips in the throttle.

BTW, O2 sensors for the CRD's are very expensive. Not the usual £30+ jobbies.
Ours are 6 wire proper jobbies and £140++++++. Have to be fit the specific one for the Chrysler as well.
No attempt should be made to check the O2 sensors on ours with a resistance/ohm meter either. It knackers em up.

Best to plug the original diff pressure sensor in and give it a try. Not practical to just guess at an O2 sensor at the price they cost.

Jack

·
Registered
11 Posts
Update

The mechanic updated his scanner,(Autel 908 I believe) with some Chrysler software and was able to clear the 242 code,after that did a forced regen and the code does not come back,so far...
Car still didn't pass the test though,this because of oneven frontbrakes and bad parking brake,Guess we were focusing on something else....
Thanks a lot for all the help and information

Pieter

·
Registered
523 Posts
Had a P1648 on mine, and noticed it was a pain to start - it was also reporting lots of faulty glow plugs, despite Ray at Stafford having replaced them all not so long ago. I bought a new glow plug module off Ebay (Beru GSE114), just fitted it and it starts first turn of the key now. I've got to go out now, but I'll hook the laptop up after and check all the fault codes have now gone.

Simple enough job, but a little fiddly if you have big hands like me - make sure you have an E10 socket (reverse Torx) and ideally an E10 spanner to get to that bloody bolt right at the back - and beware of the nut on the end of the long front bolt, you'll be kicking yourself if that drops...

JD

·
Registered
653 Posts
My CRD took around 45s of cranking to start this week so got the code reader out and had P0670 and P1649. Ordered a Beru GSE114, fitted it and I'm back to instant starting again. I didn't have the reverse torx socket but managed to get everything off and on again with an 8mm ring spanner. Thanks for the advice on the nut!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts