Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just went to my car and noticed it was unlocked (thought I'd locked it!). Any way, went to get something from it and then shut the door. Pressed the button on the remote and it would not lock. Also tried the boot release from the key and that would not open. Car starts fine with the key. Tried the spare and the same issue with that too.

Looked in the manual and it shows 2 fuses relating to Sentry Key Remote Keyless Entry. Fuse 14 and 29 (in the boot). Not had a chance yet to check these due to work but any ideas?

Thanks
Lance

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Battery in key fob????

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both key fobs have new batteries. Just checked fuse 14 & 29 in boot and they are both OK. Can open the boot using the button in the car OK.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, Removed key fob battery and put it back in and it works - Think I'll get a spare battery but these are only 2 months old . Panic over :)

·
Registered
2006 CRD Touring
2,702 Posts
Did these locking/unlocking problems occur over a fairly short time interval? If so, it's possible that your car's receiver may have been temporarily jammed by a nearby transmitter. The frequency is shared with much higher powered transmitters used, for example, by emergency services and commercial organisations. Not to mention garage door openers and doorbells. Were you parked in an area you don't normally use? Such jamming problems are not unusual. Some time ago, I was loading shopping into the boot of my car in a multi-storey car park, when the adjacent BMW locks clicked open and its satnav screen lit up like a Christmas tree. There was no sign of any owner and there was nobody in sight. After a couple of minutes or so, the car locked itself. I know that this car park does have all kinds of antennas on the roof.

I doubt that the key fob battery was the culprit, as they should last for years, rather than months.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Mine does it at a local shop to the garage,I park by Stafford Rangers footie ground and there's mast's and ariels everywhere,just at the point where you think f00k it.....it unlocks....lol

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Since you've got this figured out, this won't apply to you, but I had a very similar problem. For me, it was the passenger door lock switch. The passenger door lock switch crapped out, and was always sending the unlock signal. The only way for me to fix it was to unplug that side's door switches. I still haven't "fixed" it, as the damn switch is $150... but with it unplugged, it works just fine. My wife just can't roll down her window without asking me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts