Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m on a time crunch so I’m hoping for a quick answer here. I just bought an 07’ 300C and am picking it up in a matter of hours. The dealership let me keep my current 300 Touring overnight so I could pull all of my custom parts off. I have a question about my remote start that was installed after I bought my 300 Touring. It is a MOPAR remote start so it tied in with the alarm system very well. Can I move the remote start over to the new 300C? I recall reading a note in the install manual that once you program the brain unit to your car it can’t be undone, can anyone verify if this it true? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The remote start unit itself can be moved to another vehicle. The bypass is what you will need to replace. The bypass the dealer's use is a single use program. So it can't be reflashed for another vehicle.

Shawn

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can remove and reuse you remote start. If the bypass module is older it may not be reprogramable. Most of the newer ones are though.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The remote start unit itself can be moved to another vehicle. The bypass is what you will need to replace. The bypass the dealer's use is a single use program. So it can't be reflashed for another vehicle.

Shawn
Exactly as Shawn stated, You will need to buy new Skreem interface from dealer. The part# is 82209083. The List price is $47.00 but you should be able to get for around $35-38. Best of luck with the new "C".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts