Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Remote start issue.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mctomleo 
#1 ·
Okay so I've searched high and low for help with this issue. I've had the dealership check out my car they said that the safety pin in the hood was faulty so I replaced it. Remote starts still doesn't function beeps once flashes once. I have an advanced scan tool that has shown me that there is a hood pin missing. Even after installing the new one. I have red threads on here stating you can install a resistor and I tried that. I would like to know where the violet line connects to. Does it connect to the WIN module? Or does it connect to the body control module? I would like to locate the module that controls the safety switch so that I can bypass it and get my remote starting. My computer stated that the last time remote start functioned was at 105,000 mi. Way before I got the car. My car now has 177,000 mi on it. My car is a 2010 Chrysler 300C all wheel drive. Any help would be appreciated or recommendations. No other fault codes show under the body control module for the remote start except for a missing safety hood switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.