Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remote Start Kit

Can anybody recommend or direct me where to purchase remote starter kit for 2005 300C?

Thanks

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
DC have one that is fully compatible with the electronics and is competitively priced. A service manager told me owners have had problems with aftermarket intalls - causing onboard computer problems.

BTW, welcome to the forum, EJK.

You are Member 1000!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I stayed away from remote start, the Manual clearly says that remote start alarms are NOT compatible with the system due to the key fob.

I know there are ways to bypass it (don't know specifically of one) but I rather stay away from it if the manual says not to..

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'd go with the Mopar Parts unit. Only reason I say that is the 3 yr/36,000 mile that will come with it. I believe parts alone runs about $300-325, no labor. :cool:

·
Registered
448 Posts
The $300-325 matches Chrysler's website. Module kit 82208859 for $100 and installation kit 82208995 for $199. I think I'm going for it.

Big question: do the work myself? Does anyone have experience installing this system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the MOPAR remote starter installed by the dealer. It works fine, except for one small glitch, which I reported to the service manager. After you remote start the car, put the key in the ignition to on, and touch the brake (which is the procedure), the auto head lights don't work. So you must restart with the key, then they work. I would guess they will have this figured out by the time I bring my car in for the next oil change. I insisted on MOPAR to maintain the warrantee. Installed cost $450.00.

·
Registered
22 Posts
do you have to carry around 2 remotes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
joecool72 said:
I'd go with the Mopar Parts unit. Only reason I say that is the 3 yr/36,000 mile that will come with it. I believe parts alone runs about $300-325, no labor. :cool:
Does the warrantee apply only if the unit was installed by the dealer, or do you get the warrantee if you install it yourself, or have it installed by some other shop?

·
Registered
196 Posts
D300C said:
do you have to carry around 2 remotes?
YEs, that is why I decided to go with automate and bypass the autostart, I dont really need it. I rather cary a single remote for the car/alarm than two for the autostart.

If any of you are interested, I have the chart of cables that tells you what is what so that you can install your own alarm, not sure if the auto start is there... let me know.

The service guy left it in my car by mistake :) they have to pay to get it! :rolleyes: :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Remote Starter

Yes, two remotes, but the starter remote is tiny about the size of a half stick of gum, not a problem. As for the warrantee, don't know, but they do need both of your keys to program the Remote Starter. It seems they spliced two wires, one from the starter relay under the hood and the other goes somewhere within the engin compartment, and there must be a factory connector. I would think it would be worth it to have the 5 star do it to insure that should something go wrong electrically with the car in the future, a different dealer doesn't say "ops it must be the Remote Starter" who installed it? At that time you would start down the path of no return. All in all it seems like a nice well designed and functional inhancement to the "C". Good luck.
Tom :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Carols 300C said:
I have the MOPAR remote starter installed by the dealer. It works fine, except for one small glitch, which I reported to the service manager. After you remote start the car, put the key in the ignition to on, and touch the brake (which is the procedure), the auto head lights don't work. So you must restart with the key, then they work. I would guess they will have this figured out by the time I bring my car in for the next oil change. I insisted on MOPAR to maintain the warrantee. Installed cost $450.00.
Please confirm "installed cost $450.00" was parts & installation....not just the installation. Assuming it is both, it sounds like that is the way to go....unless installation is a simple "plug and go"....has anyone self installed?

Update: my dealer just provided a quote for parts & installation for $499. Only question I have revolves around anyone's experience with self installation.

·
Registered
351 Posts
FYI

The Mopar remote start comes with install instructions.
Part# 82208995

With that you could do it yourself as the manual steps you through the process.

I actually watched and "helped" the 5* tech.

·
Registered
4 Posts
frank29 said:
The $300-325 matches Chrysler's website. Module kit 82208859 for $100 and installation kit 82208995 for $199. I think I'm going for it.

Big question: do the work myself? Does anyone have experience installing this system?
I installed mine, as I like doing stuff like this myself. It wasn't that difficult if you take your time, follow the installation instructions, and having a copy of the service manual won't hurt either. Also, it would probably help if you have some experience working with car electical systems, or have previously installed other auto accessories. Definately not for the impatient!

·
Registered
448 Posts
RayJ2004 said:
I installed mine, as I like doing stuff like this myself. It wasn't that difficult if you take your time, follow the installation instructions, and having a copy of the service manual won't hurt either. Also, it would probably help if you have some experience working with car electical systems, or have previously installed other auto accessories. Definately not for the impatient!
RayJ2004; how much time would you suggest it would take to make the installation :rolleyes: (assuming the person doing the work is a competent back yard sort of mechanic)? While I, also, like to do stuff like this; I have gotten to a point in my life where I balance my time against the cost of having someone else do the work (years ago, the only work I didn't do was install tires!! And, for awhile, I even considered buying equipment to do that...wisely, I never did)

·
Registered
4 Posts
frank29 said:
RayJ2004; how much time would you suggest it would take to make the installation :rolleyes: (assuming the person doing the work is a competent back yard sort of mechanic)? While I, also, like to do stuff like this; I have gotten to a point in my life where I balance my time against the cost of having someone else do the work (years ago, the only work I didn't do was install tires!! And, for awhile, I even considered buying equipment to do that...wisely, I never did)
Total time is hard to say, as I was also installing a DRL kit simultaneously. I would say allow a full day (at least), as some of the locations for wiring connections got a little tricky. I just took my time and made sure I did it right. Good luck!

·
Registered
448 Posts
RayJ2004 said:
Total time is hard to say, as I was also installing a DRL kit simultaneously. I would say allow a full day (at least), as some of the locations for wiring connections got a little tricky. I just took my time and made sure I did it right. Good luck!
Thanks for the quick reply :) . Based on your input, I will not need the "good luck" because I will have the dealer do the work. I really appreciate your time estimate....I can just see myself (expecting a "plug & go" sort of installation) using an entire weekend....cussing after the first day :eek: .

Before disgarding your "good luck" wish, I'm going to transfer it to the dealer's mechanic and hope for the best!!!! :D

Also, just in a curious vein, what about Chrylser's claim that the remote works from up to 800' . Surely, this is the type of hyperbole we all experience when, for example, we purchase a cell phone good for "X" minutes of talk time when, in our everyday use, the actual talk time is "X minus a lot of minutes" :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
joecool72 said:
I am having a Chyrsler remote starter installed on Wednesday. This will be the first one the dealership has installed - yikes! I was told since I have 6,000 miles on my car, the remote starter would not be covered under 3yr/36,000 mi, but would have a 12mo/12,000mi warranty on it. Anyone out there know the facts on this?? I don't trust the dealership as being informed as I told them of my recall on the radiator brackets. Thanks to this forum, I feel as though I am informed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Baya879 said:
I am having a Chyrsler remote starter installed on Wednesday. This will be the first one the dealership has installed - yikes! I was told since I have 6,000 miles on my car, the remote starter would not be covered under 3yr/36,000 mi, but would have a 12mo/12,000mi warranty on it. Anyone out there know the facts on this?? I don't trust the dealership as being informed as I told them of my recall on the radiator brackets. Thanks to this forum, I feel as though I am informed.
On our last car, a mopar dvd unit had to be installed (or at least paid for) B4 delivery to capture the car's warrant which was actually 5 years as we had purchased the extra 2 yrs on the car. The installation was a month later, but paid up front, so you might be getting the truth here...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts