Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added remote start? Page 13 of my owners manual says the car is not compatible with remote start. If you have this what is a good brand or model?

·
Registered
227 Posts
remote start

jimchris said:
Has anyone added remote start? Page 13 of my owners manual says the car is not compatible with remote start. If you have this what is a good brand or model?
I had mine installed so as ready when I took delivery.It is Chrysler -- installed by Dealers contractor.I'm very satisfied with it;Getting into a warm/cool car is worth it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
dealer installed remote start

jimchris said:
I have dealer installed remote start system called "valet". It is programed to use the factory remote, I need to press the lock button twice, within 3 seconds, to start the car. have the car 2 mos. 2000 mi., and no problem so far. the only complaint I have is when car starts, there is no indication, (flashing parking lights, etc.) to confirm that the car is actually running.
on a trip back to the dealer, I questioned the romote start installer, and he said he didn't think the srt8 could be programed for that feature, but would check when he got back to his shop. next time I go in for service, I will ask them to check It.

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
I have the Viper 160XV in mine. Works great but I don't remember the price. If I had to guess I would say between $250. and $400. installed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tbyrne said:
I have the Viper 160XV in mine. Works great but I don't remember the price. If I had to guess I would say between $250. and $400. installed.
I looked at a lot of remote starters and liked the Viper 160XV. It goes in on Feb. 3, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VelvetHammer said:
I have the Mopar remote start installed by the dealer as part of the negotiated price. Works great with no problems :biggrin:
My local dealer didn't know if the remote for a 300 was the same as the 300c/SRT8. They were not sure they could install it. I didn't have a good feeling about them working on my car, so I ended up going to a local shop that only does remotes.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
wantit said:
I have dealer installed remote start system called "valet". It is programed to use the factory remote, I need to press the lock button twice, within 3 seconds, to start the car. have the car 2 mos. 2000 mi., and no problem so far. the only complaint I have is when car starts, there is no indication, (flashing parking lights, etc.) to confirm that the car is actually running.
on a trip back to the dealer, I questioned the romote start installer, and he said he didn't think the srt8 could be programed for that feature, but would check when he got back to his shop. next time I go in for service, I will ask them to check It.
Thats not true with my remote start.
When I press the lock button the first time the horn sounds while the turn signals and the headlights flash then the brake lights and the fog lights flash, then i press the lock button again and the same thing happens then my car starts and the brake lights stay on and the fog lights stay on.
You should take it in and check it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NautcaSprt6 said:
Thats not true with my remote start.
When I press the lock button the first time the horn sounds while the turn signals and the headlights flash then the brake lights and the fog lights flash, then i press the lock button again and the same thing happens then my car starts and the brake lights stay on and the fog lights stay on.
You should take it in and check it out.
I would like a remote starter like yours but my dealer never heard of being able to use the factory key fob to start the car. Could you let me know the brand, model etc.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
jimchris said:
I would like a remote starter like yours but my dealer never heard of being able to use the factory key fob to start the car. Could you let me know the brand, model etc.
Im currently at work right now and I dont have the manual with me nor is it in my car.
Come to think of it, I dont even know where my manual is.
I dont even remeber getting one, i think.
S***, I have to make sure and check to see if I have one.
Im taking a guess, but the name "Valet" that Wantit mentioned before sounds like it.
I will update this when I get home and hopefully find a manual.
O, BTW, The range on the alarm isnt so good.
When the weather gets better here in New York, Im gonna try and locate the antenna and extend it and see if that helps unless someone on this forum can help me out.

Let us know what happens when you get the alarm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think one of the forum sponsors, MoparSuperCenter, has the remote start listed. Buy the remote start and the install kit. I had my son help me install mine. took about 4 hours (we were slow). Works fine as described above. Mine also honks the horn once it starts. That can all be set during install. Manual (included) tells how. Works fine, but I prefer the Python or Viper that I have on my Excursion. Better feedback and lots more features for the same money. If you go that route, you have to find the transponder bypass for your specific car (yes i know, SRT8) so it will start w/out the key inserted. I did the mopar version on my SRT8 for warranty issues. Self install not a problem as most everything plugs in. Dealer would be 2 to 4 hours for all you non-technical types (or those who don't like gettin' your hands dirty ).

I wish I had done another Viper system, but this one works fine. There is a small remote unit that has one button on it. Your factory key does NOT have anything to do with the remote start.

·
Registered
23 Posts
tbyrne said:
Do you need a sentry key for the 160xv? I want to know before I take it to get installed and find out when its too late. Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
5,678 Posts
jimchris said:
I HAVE A 2 WAY PAGING ALARM, THAT HAS A REMOTE STARTER WITH MODULE, TRUNK RELEASE, VALET, PANIC,MENU SCREEN, SATUS ON ALARM, TIME AND DAY, DOESN'T TAKE BATTERIES IT PLUGS IN A CAR CHARGER. IT COMES WITH KIT. COLOUR OLED SCREEN, MUCH MORE. VERY GOOD PRICE. THIS WORTH IT IF YOU NEED AN ALARM. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, I THINK 450, 500 CAD. LATER.

·
Registered
157 Posts
DUBSTER said:
I HAVE A 2 WAY PAGING ALARM, THAT HAS A REMOTE STARTER WITH MODULE, TRUNK RELEASE, VALET, PANIC,MENU SCREEN, SATUS ON ALARM, TIME AND DAY, DOESN'T TAKE BATTERIES IT PLUGS IN A CAR CHARGER. IT COMES WITH KIT. COLOUR OLED SCREEN, MUCH MORE. VERY GOOD PRICE. THIS WORTH IT IF YOU NEED AN ALARM. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, I THINK 450, 500 CAD. LATER.
WHY ARE YOU YELLING! j/k:drillserg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just checked on this two days ago with a local alarm shop. Two options.

1. they install with no sentry key, causes yeloow alert message on dash that key fob battery is low(cuz there is not one in the ignition). This will go off when car is turned off and restarted with key in ignition.

2. They install with $112 blank key from dealer to simulate battery of key in ignition, but this bypasses a couple of security setpoints in the alarm/disable functions of factory alarm. Plus, you had to find the extra key and replace battery at some point in the future. I am going with option 1.

There was another thread on here about someone in Cali I believe who had a module that could be installed in place of the extra key, but my installer knew nothing about it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
jimchris said:
This isnt an option yet, from DCX anyway, but there are some aftermarket units that are activated by pushing the factory RKE in a certain sequence. We use one of them for our Subaru customers since they dont offer a remote start option. Dont know the name, factory installed remote start in the key fob from DCX begins with the 07 Durango, and should make its way around the product line within a year or two.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mopar remote start.

Had dealer install Mopar remote start $299. for starter + $100. for module. No cut wires etc. just plugs in, couple hours of labor, bring both your keys, they need to be programmed, and u get a very small square fob for start.
330toSRT8 said:
How much did you guys pay?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts