Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have one of these on a mercedes I previously owned does any one have any info on a remote start for the 300? or has any owners on here installed one? would really like some details as I would love to have the remote start facility again..

·
Registered
2014 CRD
1,603 Posts
I always thought it's a Road Traffic Act offence to run a car without a driver present, usually called "Quitting". What's the advantage if you have to be with the car?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I always thought it's a Road Traffic Act offence to run a car without a driver present, usually called "Quitting". What's the advantage if you have to be with the car?
I park the car on my private drive and when at work it's parked in the company car park, as both are private propriety I don't think that applies.

Also I though the rule was you was not allow to leave a car running with the key's in the ignition? same as if you are drunk with the key's in the ignition you could be prosecuted regardless if the engine was running or not??

A friend got done for drunk driving as he was asleep in the car but the key's were in the ignition switch, but he was sleeping in the back seat of the car.

·
Registered
196 Posts
From the regs:

Leaving motor vehicles unattended

107. (1) Save as provided in paragraph (2), no person shall leave, or cause or permit to be left, on a road a motor vehicle which is not attended by a person licensed to drive it unless the engine is stopped and any parking brake with which the vehicle is required to be equipped is effectively set.

(2) The requirement specified in paragraph (1) as to the stopping of the engine shall not apply in respect of a vehicle—

(a) being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes; or

(b) in such a position and condition as not to be likely to endanger any person or property and engaged in an operation which requires its engine to be used to— vehicle must be in park for the remote to work and you have to push the "lock button" 3 times for the vehicle to start up

(i) drive machinery forming part of, or mounted on, the vehicle and used for purposes other than driving the vehicle; or

(ii) maintain the electrical power of the batteries of the vehicle at a level required for driving that machinery or apparatus.

(3) In this regulation “parking brake” means a brake fitted to a vehicle in accordance with requirement 16 or 18 in Schedule 3 As above the vehicle has to be in park to start the car if by any chance the vehicle was broken into whilst it was running and someone tried to take it out of park then the engine would just cut out.

·
Registered
196 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts