Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a loaded 300C. The dealer sold me a remote starter (not yet installed). Concerned about chance for the remote to screw up the electronics. Dealer says no problem. What do you folks think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm on my second 300c. They had to disconnect the remote because it was having prblems with the electonics in the transmission. They said they had a fix..i turned the car in before they had the fix. So now i have a new 300c and a remote that is hooked up..so far no problems but iv'e only had it 3 days and 120 miles.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am personally not a fan, but that is with after market ones installed by myself. They gave me a lot of problems with past cars, and decided to ditch the things all together.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I had one on my old 92 Park Ave after market and worked well. A pretty useless item though unless you want to warm it up in the cold weather. Keyless go with a start button and auto locking is a whole dirrerent story not available for us. The new caddy XLR has no key slots anywhere, not on the door, trunk, or ignition which is better than MB (I think) and Lexus which still requier a big plastic fob to be plugged in the ignition slot just like a key.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The MOPAR remote starter will be available June 15, 2004. This should resolve the issue as they are "plug in" vs spliced in, and warranteed by DC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts