Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Much thanks to Inferno07's video of the dual color halo strobe lights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1_pKcIRx6Y

I was jelouse and wanted to take a shot at this for myself.
So i purchased the Remote Strobe-Switch unit from Oznium.
12V Remote Control Dimmer Switch & Strobe Switch - Plug & Play

After hooking them up, I was Amazed to find not only my Halos strobing but also my interior lights and illuminated rear-wing emblem STROBING! I had forgotten that i orginally hooked everything up including my halos to the fog lights, once i ran a single circuit i forgot that everything else was still attached to my halo's.

Anyways on toward that directions:
after pulling the front fascia off, i un-spliced the halo wires that went to my fog light bulbs. I then re-ran a wire from the passenger-side halos to the driver-side halos and connected them. Then ran a new set of wires under and up through my passenger headlights. Then i installed the remote box using 3M tape to the side and connected the (+) & (-) accordingly, Wiring the main feed for (+) & (-) to the battery jump/fuse box. Then i stripped part of the Antenna wire off and mounted it behind the front quarter panel bolt. This makes the car become a better conductor and improves range well beyond 100ft ( i got tired walking away from my car as it still worked lol)

Let me know if this is confusing, i wrote up a whole step-by-step but then my computer crashed :(

Here are the Video & Pics.

Halo Lights w/ switch Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qySuvZwmhg

Halo Lights w/ switch Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAzzQ7dLhps

Halo lights, Interior, Rear Wing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk9M1g8ObTE

Attachments

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
**** I think I'm just gonna order the halos from AAC and hope for the best this time around. I need LED halos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
If you were around for my first halo experience you'd know that I may very well regret this :D

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Lookin' good! :fing02:

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I know... your jelouse... its ok to admit it lol ;)

nah im not jelouse...i am jealous that i dont my led halos yet but not jelouse lol

oh and get white/blue led dual halos and then ill be impressed!

:joke: lol

they look great man! now i dare you to do that in front of a cop while driving! lol

oh yeah and make sure you get that on video as well! lol

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha Ha,
Now if i did that infront of a cop i'm pretty sure i wouldnt have access to a computer as i would be in jail...
although i'd just tell them you guys are like my pen-pals lol

And yes i'd love to have dual-color... unfortunately i bought mine on the first LED Group buy that came around.
Guess thats what ya get when you jump on New Mods when they come instead on waiting for another version of them to come out :pat:

But good-news.... i've yet to get pulled over for my purple fog halos lol

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ugh forgot to say, i think i might of did something to my fog light bulb when i undid the wire tap because my foglight and parking lamp in the fascia isnt working... looks like another day of pulling the grille :pat:
Good News the Halos work perfect tho

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Did the chrome in your headlight peal from the tape used to hold the rings in place while they set? :pat: We both had a terrible experience in different ways lol.
Will,

:pat: Indeed!

No I was pleasantly surprised at how un-fragile the chrome was in my C head lights, compared to my last Mopar that had the headlights cracked open and when I got a finger print on the chrome and wiped it down with a microfibre cloth and it wiped the chrome off!

My non functional CCFL halo's were in my housings for over a year and I was able to "snap" the rings right out, the epoxy let loose and did not take an ounce of chrome. Trust me, if you would have put a chunk of coal between my cheeks (not the one's on my face) you would have had a diamond by the time I was done yanking the CCFL's out!

:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahaha We're just practicing our thread jacking skillz! :)
Ya i was debating on getting a permit for that... how much is it to get a thread jacking license? :lick:

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Hahaha We're just practicing our thread jacking skillz! :)
And skillz we got! :biggrin:

Brett, funny that your epoxy was so good, you must have better mixing skills than I do. Before I took the headlights off and chucked them one of my rings had come undone at the bottom.
The led ones just have a 3m backing right? And do two holes still have to be drilled?

Quik, your rings look really, REALLY good :biggrin: <-- See, I can stay on topic kind of!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
The adhesive backing is just to "place" the rings, they still need to be epoxied in place. You don't have to drill holes, but it sure makes for a nicer install. I already had the holes so all I did was enlarge them slightly.

I mix epoxy very well thank you! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts