Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the manual it states that you can make the trunk release on one press of the button instead of 2 by following this procedure:

-hold unlock but for at least 4 seconds but no more than 10 seconds
-press trunk release button
-let go of both buttons.

i tried this several times but it will just not work. has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not trying to be a [email protected]@, but why not just press it twice? - only takes 2 seconds rather than 4!! :)

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
5point7 said:
Not trying to be a [email protected]@, but why not just press it twice? - only takes 2 seconds rather than 4!! :)
I've got to agree. I especially like the fact that my trunk doesn't just 'pop open' after accidentally hitting the button when putting my keys into my pocket. I feel that pressing the button twice is actually a 'safety feature' and I've never even looked into/thought about changing it. :wink1:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i don't really mind it that much, but now i am just confused as to why it doesn't work. if you do it again it supposedly resets it back to 2 clicks so it shouldn't be a problem. now i just i want to see if it's possible according to the manual :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's too bad that the trunk didn't actually lift open instead of just releasing the locking mechanism. If it did it would make loading cases of beer a lot easier.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't mean to bring an old topic back... but I am having the same problem. Unable to program it to open with one click.

For those of you that prefer having to press it twice, that's fine... but if you are worried about opening the trunk by accident, the alarm will go off if you open the trunk without disarming it first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts