Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was showing the car to a friend of mine and while walking towards the car I pressed the door unlock remote. Nothing. Hey....
- So we got closer, I tried again, nothing. Hey!!!
- So we got to the car, I put the remote on the windows and tried again, nothing. Well go....
- So I opened the car by inserting the key (had to look where to put it, lol) and of course the alarm went off. Got it to be silent only by inserting the key.
Of course my friend was mighy impressed by this hightech car that could only be opened with the key while making a huge racket.

Anybody seen this behavior? Did not happen again.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
mathijskok said:
Yesterday I was showing the car to a friend of mine and while walking towards the car I pressed the door unlock remote. Nothing. Hey....
- So we got to the car, I put the remote on the windows and tried again, nothing. Well go....
- So I opened the car by inserting the key (had to look where to put it, lol) and of course the alarm went off. Got it to be silent only by inserting the key.
Of course my friend was mighy impressed by this hightech car that could only be opened with the key while making a huge racket.

This would seem odd with a new car. Changing out the battery might seem the logical thing to do but I would first try using the other remote key to see if it unlocks the car.

bruno

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bruno said:
This would seem odd with a new car. Changing out the battery might seem the logical thing to do but I would first try using the other remote key to see if it unlocks the car.

bruno
No, it was not the key(s), but the car. We tried both keys.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My trunk release also went dead. If the switch inside the car does not release the trunk the latch is bad and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
72 Posts
same problem!

I have '06 srt8 with the same problem. remote unlock works fine, most of the time, but ocasionally I have to use the key, to open the door. I thought it might be due to the remote start system, installed by the dealer. I had a cadillac, before this car, and sometimes if I was parked next to a ford vehicle, the remote would lock the doors, but I would have to use key to unlock!! just a minor annoyance, i'll have dealer check on my next visit.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I had the exact thing happen to me 2 months ago, the alarm went off when I started the car. Has only happened that one time.

Now my autoglide is no longer working and wipers sweep frequently when I signal. I'll have both fixed sometime, a real PITA to go in for service.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Could be due to radio interference in the area. Was there a Cell Transmitter of any significant radio transmitter nearby?

I remember on another thread about someone having a problem with the remore unlock outside a shop which had a motion sensor, or something like that :thinking:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NautcaSprt6 said:
IS that the factory alarm straight from the dealer, or the alarm that they install after with the remote starter?
Factory Alarm.

And of course it can be radio interference, but I have been there a lot and never had it before.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hemi57 said:
Could be due to radio interference in the area. Was there a Cell Transmitter of any significant radio transmitter nearby?

I remember on another thread about someone having a problem with the remore unlock outside a shop which had a motion sensor, or something like that :thinking:
This is very very true.
I take the bus to work because the commute would kill my car.
Once in a while I drive in and park my car on the street.
Since I work about 2 blocks from the Empire State Building, when I try and unlock my car, even within inches from the car it does not work.
I had to unlock my car and when I get in it works.

Other than that, go in for service.

·
Registered
88 Posts
mathijskok said:

The exact same thing happened to me a couple of months ago. It hasn't happened since then.
Like all of my problems, I'm ignoring it.:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Another reason why these forums rock.. information sharing is top notch!

I experienced the same problem outside of NCR's headquarters in Dayton. I parked my recently detailed ride in the visitors parking lot (after making quite an entrance) and the landscaping crew came by to take a look. Tried to lock the car while walking away and was embarrased when I had to go back and do it manually. Of course, after my meeting I set off the alarm when the remote unlock was still malfunctioning.

I dismissed this event as it was immediately after my first time playing around with the easter egg EVIC mode. Last week though, same thing happened during a second trip to NCR. There has to be a large radio transmitter in the area as every time I park there, my remote goes dead. No worries, if you can't remote lock your car, just remember to use the key so you won't set off the alarm when opening.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I park my car in my driveway and nothing on the remotes will work. If I back up and have the rear bumper up to the sidewalk I can sometimes make the remote work but not with any regular success and not repeatable in the same place. The problem is that there are two of us that use the driveway and the entrance is only one car wide and then once in it widens to 2 cars wide. I cannot set the alarm as whenever I want to get in I have to use the key and no matter how fast I go the horn honks 3 times before I can get the key in. I don't want the neighbors to start hating me, so it remains unlocked. If I am in the street the fob works perfectly. I have never had a problem anywhere else at all.... just in my driveway.

Not sure if I take it to the stealer if they will even try to work on it. Not sure what I would want them to do but maybe replace the whole setup and see if that cures it.

I have had the car since 01/27/06 and every once in awhile I try the remote ( I walk all over the place and try the remotes, both of them) and they never work, again only in my driveway. I again tried it today and spent 30 minutes walking around and trying moving the car a few inches and retry, move it and retry, move it and retry.....

Any suggestions as to what to do? Or how to or what to suggest as a solution at the dealer???

Thanx,
Gary

·
Registered
701 Posts
CRUZR said:
I park my car in my driveway and nothing on the remotes will work
... If I am in the street the fob works perfectly. I have never had a problem anywhere else at all.... just in my driveway.
Stop running that radio transmitter out of your house? Make sure the neighbors aren't either? Got any big ham radio guys in the neighborhood? It sounds like some local interference in the band of the little transmitter in your key. It should be possible to listen in those frequency range with some sort of wideband radio / receiver and see what's out there.

I'm just saying this because you report that the problem happens only in your driveway. Not meaning to make light of this problem at all, electrical problems can be the worst.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unlock/alarm problem

My 9-month old 2006 300C is in the shop right now for that problem. I got to work fine Thursday, but when leaving that afternoon, the car wouldn't respond to the key fob. None of the buttons had any effect. I'd never had any problems in that parking lot before, so I don't think that it's radio interference. The car alarm worked well -- lights and horn went at it on and off for 30 minutes or so as I tried to salvage the situation. The ignition cut-off feature worked well, too. I couldn't start the car. (Well...ok...I could start it, but it died as advertised after 2 seconds.)

After an expensive cab ride home, I brought the other key in with me the next day. No luck. My 300C was just as dead as the night before.

Using the keys in the ignition did nothing, either. Because of the security system's ignition cut-off feature, the car wouldn't start, so I had to have it towed to the dealer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
artichoke said:
Stop running that radio transmitter out of your house? Make sure the neighbors aren't either? Got any big ham radio guys in the neighborhood? It sounds like some local interference in the band of the little transmitter in your key. It should be possible to listen in those frequency range with some sort of wideband radio / receiver and see what's out there.

I'm just saying this because you report that the problem happens only in your driveway. Not meaning to make light of this problem at all, electrical problems can be the worst.
I turned off the power to my house at the breaker box. The only thing I did not do was take all the batteries out of the remotes. No one has an Ham radio antennas around here that I can see. Other than that I can't control the neighbors.

Talked to a few installers in the area and they all stated to take it to the stealers and see what they can do. It goes in soon anyway for the 3000 mile oil change so I will add it to the list....

Gary

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to prevent the Alarm from sounding

Hey folks, thanks for all the good info! I'm having the "Dead Fob" problem as we speak, but mine is everywhere. In my geographic area, this is no surprise because I live and work near tons of radar/telemetry equipment (Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, FL). Various types of signals of all frequencies are constantly flying all over the place.

Basically, the only way to prevent that loud alarm from sounding is to lock each door individually, using the lock/unlock button near the base of each window. When you do it this way, the alarm will not arm. The only ways to arm it are with either the key fob or by pressing the central lock/unlock button located on the Driver's door.

I plan to take my fob to the dealer to see what they can do. The funny thing is, it worked for over a year without fail.

-- Tank

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
not had probs with remote but my wipers did used to come on when I indicated,so I turned down the sensitivaty on the stalk for the wipers and everything seems ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had the same problem w/my car. It seems to be intermittent but more prevalent when it's very cold out & only when I've used the remote start installed by the dealer. That being said, now that warmer temps have hit in Toronto, I have still experienced the problem but certainly not as often.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey
maybe that means somebody try to stole your car
and the alarm works well dude
talk with dealer about that, I thing its a signal

j.p.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts