Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do uo removethe lens on the fron bumber,I want to change itto clear lens LED amber:)

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you are talking about the the side markers. then you have to remove the whole front fascia. I tried doing it without removing the fascia and the only mod I ended up with was a cut up arm!

Removing the front fascia is a cinch! takes only 15 min. and in the end will save you a great deal of time and your arms rather than if you left the fascia on.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you are talking about the the side markers. then you have to remove the whole front fascia. I tried doing it without removing the fascia and the only mod I ended up with was a cut up arm!

Removing the front fascia is a cinch! takes only 15 min. and in the end will save you a great deal of time and your arms rather than if you left the fascia on.
sorry bro, but im gonna have to disagree. granted the front fascia is (fairly) simple to remove, other than those 3 factory rivets on each wheel well that are a pain. they need to be cut off and are not reusable, and youll have a hard time getting new ones from the dealer. my parts guy couldnt even find the part#. ive taken off mine so i know whats involved. i think raising the car up high enough to get under it, and just removing the front piece of the under tray is alot simpler and less work. there not that hard to get too. just one nut holding them on. i recently replaced mine and installed hid fogs while i was at it, and it took no time at all.

my 2cents

p.s if your worried about your arms, wear a long sleeve shirt!!! lol

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree to disagree! :biggrin:

About a month ago I purchased a new grill, sidemarkers, and headlights. I researched the various ways to install each of these products and came across this thread:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/ex...stallation-fascia-removal-101-lotsa-pics.html

Within 15 minutes I had the the front fascia off.

You are correct however with the rivets in the wheel-well; HOWEVER, as said in the post, you can purchase philips nylon head rivets at Autozone. Which in fact are of better quality than the original rivets. And these rivets from Autozone are RE-USABLE which makes it easier if you ever have to remove the front fascia at a later time.

Also, in my opinion, replacing the sidemarkers and installing LEDs seemed MUCH easier with the fascia off. I was able to sit on a nice comfy stool rather than lie on my back under the car! :biggrin:

I'm just a strong advocate of making things as easy as possible.

Just my .02!

·
Registered
241 Posts
i just wish him luck either way he goes about it. the clear sides do change the entire look of the front end, and its well worth doing!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
...I changed mine a while back without removing the front nose cone. Simply remove the plastic pins holding in the wheel arch trim, pull it back, get your arm in there with the socket and remove the one nut holding it in place. Taking the two front wheels off will give you more room, i didnt bother, just turned the wheels full lock to either side to give me a little more room. Both LED side markers replaced in under 20 minutes. Make sure you order and have the replacement trim pins before you start.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
sorry bro, but im gonna have to disagree. granted the front fascia is (fairly) simple to remove, other than those 3 factory rivets on each wheel well that are a pain. they need to be cut off and are not reusable, and youll have a hard time getting new ones from the dealer. my parts guy couldnt even find the part#. ive taken off mine so i know whats involved. i think raising the car up high enough to get under it, and just removing the front piece of the under tray is alot simpler and less work. there not that hard to get too. just one nut holding them on. i recently replaced mine and installed hid fogs while i was at it, and it took no time at all.

my 2cents

p.s if your worried about your arms, wear a long sleeve shirt!!! lol
the rivet part number is: MOPAR 06504737

courtesy of SpaceCityLX. when we do mod meets the club buys the rivets for those who don't have any. they are about $2 a piece.

BTW....I installed HID fogs w/o taking off the facia. I'm going to take off the facia when I install new color matched side markers b/c I'm going to spray touch up paint on the underside of my facia.

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
the rivet part number is: MOPAR 06504737

courtesy of SpaceCityLX. when we do mod meets the club buys the rivets for those who don't have any. they are about $2 a piece.

BTW....I installed HID fogs w/o taking off the facia. I'm going to take off the facia when I install new color matched side markers b/c I'm going to spray touch up paint on the underside of my facia.

thanks for that part#

·
Registered
116 Posts
Wow, I really didnt thing it was that hard... I changed mine by reaching down from the top of each fender and got to them just fine... the side with the air box required some extra effort but I really see no need to take the entire front end of the car off to change the corner markers. Seems like way too much could happen with the front bumper, scratches etc. Besides, if you get some blood on your knuckles you know you did something......

·
Registered
469 Posts
Wow, I really didnt thing it was that hard... I changed mine by reaching down from the top of each fender and got to them just fine... the side with the air box required some extra effort but I really see no need to take the entire front end of the car off to change the corner markers. Seems like way too much could happen with the front bumper, scratches etc. Besides, if you get some blood on your knuckles you know you did something......

taking the front fascia off is alot easier than it would seem. I'm not here to preach about anything. But everyone has their own opinion on how to get things done. So i'll leave it at that. For me, I'll be removing the front fascia if I ever to need to install something again. Just my opinion.

Oh and about scratching the fascia.. that's what a blanket is for! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
side mrker light

Thanks ,I went to the chrysler dealer here in Norway and they did not have a clue hoe to remove the lens, they told me to take a screw driver and pry the lens out, however knowing better then to try I relied on writing to the forum, by the way what size nut is holding that so I do not have to keep try different sizes without seeing the nut, and thanks to all the responses:fing02:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks ,I went to the chrysler dealer here in Norway and they did not have a clue hoe to remove the lens, they told me to take a screw driver and pry the lens out, however knowing better then to try I relied on writing to the forum, by the way what size nut is holding that so I do not have to keep try different sizes without seeing the nut, and thanks to all the responses:fing02:
So I take it you're leaving the fascia on?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Side Marker Rplc?

Kr73, I did replace mine myself and found it rather easy to just remove the first 3 snap rivets in the wheel well housing (startin from the bottom). The rivets are not reusable so you will have to replace them with 1/4" nylon rivets that just pop in. When doing the left side I cut the wheel all the way right and vice versa. The nut holding the lens is a self cutting nut which will cut grooves into the plastic stem of the lens, very secure. Once you find it you will be able to fit a socket to it, sorry cant remember the size. The process is quick and rather painless. Dont forget the chrome coated 194 lamps, or the new ones may come with clear lamps. Luck to you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Kr73, I did replace mine myself and found it rather easy to just remove the first 3 snap rivets in the wheel well housing (startin from the bottom). The rivets are not reusable so you will have to replace them with 1/4" nylon rivets that just pop in. When doing the left side I cut the wheel all the way right and vice versa. The nut holding the lens is a self cutting nut which will cut grooves into the plastic stem of the lens, very secure. Once you find it you will be able to fit a socket to it, sorry cant remember the size. The process is quick and rather painless. Dont forget the chrome coated 194 lamps, or the new ones may come with clear lamps. Luck to you!
How do I remove this snap rivets?? Please help

·
Registered
461 Posts
this is probably waaaaayyyy toooo late, but you need to push the centre of the revet into the wing with a bradawl or very small screwdriver less then 3mm dia. Then you can get your finger nails behind the rivet head and pull it out

·
Registered
461 Posts
..............., sorry cant remember the size. .......
it's 1/2" A/F

Just did mine through the wheel arch, and it took 15 mins per side

Tip: use a long series socket, then before you fit your new lens run the nut up and down the new "pin" a couple of times to cut a thread, this makes it muck easier to tighten once it's inside the bumper, coz there aint much room to swing a ratchet handle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts