Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any possible way to remove the orange spots without a clay bar? it would be A LOT of work. i got my white 300S in January and this thing is covered in em. would seriously take all day, maybe two to remove every single one :smashfrea

any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
If you want to remove iron deposits from the paint-you want to get some CarPro Iron X!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want to remove iron deposits from the paint-you want to get some CarPro Iron X!!!
yes, ive looked into this already. i was just about to order it but didnt mention anything about rail rust.

so with a towel it will remove tar and orange rail rust no problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you're asking about the Speedy Surface Prep towel it will definitely remove the rail dust, not sure about the tar. My 2014 300C had a lot of rail dust and it worked great. They aren't cheap but it should last a long time. It is so much faster than clay it is amazing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry for a stupid question, but what is rail rust?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mackguy.

Many cars are shipped by rail (remember the railroad) in open rail cars. The brakes on these cars are metal and create rail dust when used. The dust or metal particles can be hot when they come off the brakes and damage the paint when they land on a car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use GooGone from Walmart when I dont feel like using a clay bar. Just spray a little on a towel and use a little elbow grease.

GooGone is something ever garage should have, especially if you own a white car. It also removes tar very easily.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use GooGone from Walmart when I dont feel like using a clay bar. Just spray a little on a towel and use a little elbow grease.

GooGone is something ever garage should have, especially if you own a white car. It also removes tar very easily.

what? is it safe on paint? will def try it out if its safe and works

·
Registered
32 Posts
The "rail dust" seems to apply to anything that is rusty metal in the paint -not necessarily from rail cars. Heck, my car was made less than 100km from my house and it never saw a rail car. When I got the car (used) it had the rust specks everywhere. The majority was behind the front wheels and rear wheels which makes me think it's also metal from the brakes on the car itself. I used a clay bar to start but it is a lot of work and then tried some "Nevr-dull" which is a polish in a wadding material. It's used mainly for cleaning chrome. Worked great and was a lot easier. I washed the car again after to remove the polish haze. I plan to polish the entire car with a DA next week too. I did not see any damage done to the paint with the Nevr-Dull . There were no scratches either, however, since I was using it outside the intended purpose then it's a "try at your own risk" suggestion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts