Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and my friend who is a proffesional body guy removed my side moldings. We started on the drivers side. Removed the rear door then the front. The while he was cleaning up the area getting ready to buff it. He noticed the area where the molding was is all bubbly and and starting to rust. My car is an 2005 it shouldnt be rusting already. So he said the only way to fix it is to repaint the whole door. He said he thinks the door did that because maybe they put the molding on too soon after it was painted and the solvants on the molding reacted with the fresh paint. I dont know what did it but I do know I had to goto the store to get some 3m tape to put the ugliest moldings ever back on. So I am wondering if anyone has had this issue?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I had a diffrent issue.When i removed my moldings i was left with two lines on my front passenger side door.I was told when my car was painted after it was hit they never took off the molding when they painted the door so the two lines are from the clear coat that they sprayed,so i left the moldings off because i like the car de-molded.

·
Banned
651 Posts
frankioooooooo
let me get ur handles and mirrors! i know you wanna trade

p.s. i had zero problems with my moldings

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sucks to hear of thos eissues....i'd be devastated....i removed my 06 srt-8 side molding in 06.....got lucky no issues arouse...

best of luck

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi guys,
Removed my moulding, found a little dent on each side under the main 300c badge.
All good other than that
Richard

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 08' came without moldings but i want to add them to my car. Anyone have some they want to get rid of? My car is Cool Vanilla but i guess i could get them painted it that's not the color you have. i'd really like them chrome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a chrome set, but for the 06srt, mine is a metallic steel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts