Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, alright, alright (as quoted from Jimmy Morrison)...
So you know yesterday I painted the front windshield trim and mirror bases..
Well, I a tiny bit of paint left over paint so... I took the vent pillars off the front fascia. (I'm planning on getting a EVO6 front lip-hopefully by the end of summer, so this is a step to that to.)

And I had only made one cur before I remembered to take pics! whoo-hoo. actually my brother reminded me, I guess he is good for something after all, LOL.

So what you'll need.
Tools

And here we go.
if you are wondering what exactly I'm talking about...
Start here:

Let the front fascia loose from the front, just the 10 or so screws along the bottom. This will make it easier to push the black vent covers and cut off the pillars.

Take your knife and cut out the pillar, you can use the razor to clean and trim any edges and get a more precise cut after you remove the vent.

Once it's off you'll have to use some cardboard to reinforce the hole you just cut before you fill it. I just used the back of the JB weld packaging.
trim it and tape it so it sits inside the opening you just cut open.

Mix the Jb weld and fill in the gap, you can reach in behind the cut out (through the black vent thingy) to support the area while you push the JB weld in place, fill just enough...too much and you'll be sanding for....ev...ver (sandlot-hee-hee)

let it sit and as I said just now...sand it down.

you can rough sand it and bondo it if you really want I got great results with just the Jb (weld).

Mask it off and Prime it...

Repaint, and your done...

of course you got to do both sides. I just post one cause it was easy that way. :biggrin:

Special thanks to my brother for reminding me to take pics (he actually took them for me-mixed the jb weld by hand of course) and for not "helping" me on this (or any) mod,-not being a smart A$$-he doesn't know squat about cars, at least he claims he just doesn't like to mess with them. no worries, if you're ever trolling around in here, love ya big bro..you're the kewlest :cool:

well, go head with the feed back, or if you haven to have an EVO6 front lip laying round you want to donate to my cause you can PM me for the shipping Addy. :fing02: :biggrin:
Sorry :shysmile: , just previewed this and I have no idea how to make the pics any smaller...

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Thats great! Looks good leave the pics the size there are you can really see the detail then.
Losse the the vent covers or make them functional. You can get more air into the radiator if you loose the covers. Heck you could even make a vent tube to the intake or to the brakes.

Looking good.

Eric

·
Super Moderator
5,077 Posts
Another great small touch that you put on the car. Think I'm in love!! I might have to follow a similar path, I just cut some perf metal for that black plastic crap area. When I install I post some pics

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Wow! Another great mod idea from T8STY! Ditto what Eric said about the baffles. They don't serve a worthwhile purpose and it will look even better without them. You can always leave it open or put in your own replacements of some sort, mesh or otherwise.

Way to make it all your own!
bruno

·
Registered
311 Posts
Very Nice And Unique...can U Post Other Pics Of Ur Ride...i Think I Never Seen Any Before...thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts