Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i want to remove the badges off my 300c once it arives, do you guys know weather they are stuck on or are the bolted into the body?

·
Registered
461 Posts
stuck on , wd40 and a hair dryer i have read works, i asked the canberra dealer to take them off for me and they said they will do it for me
im just getting the side moulding off

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
rolin7 said:
hi

i want to remove the badges off my 300c once it arives, do you guys know weather they are stuck on or are the bolted into the body?

All of the badges and door moulding is on the car with 3M double sided gray automotive tape. The only emblem that you really have to make sure you want to take off and that is the rear Chrysler trunk wings emblem. It has two guide holes for the computer arm, when it installs the emblem at the factory, in the trunk lid. The trunk lid is aluminum. Unless you are willing to get your holes filled by an aluminum welder and then have your painter finish the job. I wouldn't remove the rear wings emblem.

You want to heat one end of the door moulding, don't keep the heat in one place too long. Back and forth motion in about a 3" area. Once the glue backing is reactivated, slip a strong fishing line behing the moulding and use a sawing motion to cut through the 3M tape. With your car going to be so new, you will probably be able to remove all pieces very easily since it hasn't baked on the car yet, from the sun.

With the remaining glue residue left on the door. Use a cotton towel and WD-40. It is oil based and won't hurt your paint. Use some elbow grease and work the WD into the glue to moisten it. Change the towel position as the glue fills one area of the towel. I always spray directly into the towel to minimize oil overspray.

Get a wet towel and wipe up most of the WD-40. Then wash your vehicle to get the remaining WD off the car.

FreebirdSRT de-badged.

Trunk holes and hood holes being filled at the welders.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Well done FreebirdSRT, you're the man with the detailed info :D

Your ride looks so smooth with the side moulding removed. Nice crib too :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the info Freebird. After seeing the side shot of your ride I'm doing mine this weekend.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Definitely worth it. However, b/c removing the moulding now creates a vast span of flatness, I felt chrome door handles helped break it up (which your 300c already has).:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey Freebird,

Just finished removing the badges and door mouldings. Thanks for advice, it worked like a charm. I found orange oil worked better on the "Chrysler" script and 300C badge on the trunk. That black stuff is a real pig to remove compared to the door mould tape.
If anyone else is considering this I recommend gloves otherwise your fingers will get all gouged from the fishing line.
The results are worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I had all those products mentioned lined up to assist in removal of my badges and side trim. In my case, once I started pulling up on the rear badge, it then came right off with nothing really left on the trunk. Removing the trim was just about as easy but it left a nice streak of the gummy adhevsive along the sides. I then used the 3m Block Eraser on my drill and had both sides of the car finished within 25 minutes. No mess, oily stuff, cut fingers, or elbow grease! A good polishing for my follow-up and then I was finished.

bruno

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
spock, put up some pics of the finished deal

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Spock1, looks the goods there Sean.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Here's some better pics guys. You can also see the tint and and the new lowered stance. I didn't think it was possible but she turns even more heads now.:naughty: Man I love this machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hemi57 said:
Spock1, looks the goods there Sean.
Thanks John, and welcome back by the way. Your input has been missed.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Spock1 said:
Here's some better pics guys. You can also see the tint and and the new lowered stance. I didn't think it was possible but she turns even more heads now.:naughty: Man I love this machine.
Mate that ride height is perfect! You have definitely convinced me to get it dropped now. What a great looking car - and very cool plates hehe!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts