Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Removing Chrome Mirrors And Handles

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  frankieo 
#1 ·
:pat: WANT TO REMOVE MY CHROME MIRRORS-DOOR HANDLES ,WANT TO GO ALL BLACK.I BOUGHT THE KIT ON E-BAY LAST YEAR,THEY ARE ON THE WITH THE 3M TAPE.THE PROBLEM IS THE TAPE IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MIRRORS AND HANDLES CANT GET TO TAPE UNLESS I PULL BACK ON THE CHROME DONT WANT TO BREAK THE PEICES.DID ANYBODY PUT THESE ON THERE CAR AND REMOVED THEM.THANKS

#2 ·
I can imagine if you use some WD-40 or some GOO GONE that you will be able to disolve the glue on the tape enough you can get if off of there... time and patience will probably be your biggest enemy as you are not going to want to rush the process.

#3 ·
Thanks,thats What I Used On My Moldings And It Worked But Like Said The 3m Tape Sits Right In The Middle Of This Stuff.the Problem Is There Is No Where To Peel Back Like The Moldings.i Guess Your Right Time And Patience.i Knew This Was Going To Happend Changing My Mind With The Chrome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.