Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take my rear wing emblem off to paint it black. I dont even know where to begin... I know to take off the "300" emblem on the trunk just heat it up and peel it off, but the wing seems a little harder then that.
Anyone have any suggestions?

I am having my roof wrapped in black vinyl within the next week, and want the wing black as well...

thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
like mine, eh?

ok. well there is ALOT of adhesive behind that bad boy. I found that the easiest way to remove the wing was to heat it and use some fishing line. The tricky part is trying to get the fishing line between the two pegs that stick out behind the wing. After I used the fishing line on both sides I gently pried up one side until I could lace the fishing line on the other side of the peg. (i dont know if you can picture what I am saying) but once you start doing it you'll find your own little way to make it easier. Just be careful as to not bend the wing too much; it will crack.

hope this helped!

MO

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
or li

Did mine 2 months ago,it was a little harder than removing the molding,but just like Muderout said there is alot of adhesive behind the wing,just follow what murderout did and you should be fine.Good luck!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds easy enough... still havent decided 100% if im gonna do it or not, but if I do that definatly helped!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
i did this myself awhile back, and ill tell u what, that foam tape they apply to the back of that wing is a mother******. it took me about a minute to remove the wing, and about another 1.5 to remove the adhesive left behind. :pat: but all in all pretty easy.

my suggestion would be to buy a new wing from the dealer, so i will have the fresh tape on it. at least thats what i did. i had my painter shoot it, i peeled the backing off the fresh tape, applied it, then stood back with a big smile on my face :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
What did you all do about the two holes it left there?

I'm having mine removed by a local paint shop and the holes plugged and painted along with the NAV/Sirius antenna.

Can't stand the "Chrysler jewelry" on this car. I wish I could get an aftermarket horn cover to get rid of those too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts