Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is a classic Corvette that the owner was upset due to the fact he had swirls all over his finish. Most of the time swirls are introduced by improper washing/drying or not claying prior to final finishing applications. What I had to do with this car was after the normal prep work (wash/clay/wash again) was I used a deep paint cleaner which is designed to remove contaminants "IN" the finish. After that I know the finish is clean enough to apply the buffer. My first choice of buffers is one that many detail shops don't even know about. It as the DeWalt 443 Dual action obital. It has a heavy duty motor which will cut and level paint enough to remove swirls. I used a yellow pad for this procedure. Next I used a machine polish to enhance the finish, and bring back the shine. Final application of paint sealant for the last stage. The car looks beautiful, just like it should, the pics show the results. Gary

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Just in case no one has mentioned it (recently) I really appreciate all the helpful hints in detailing. So thanks!!!! Of course, that might change come summer when I'm out there for days prepping my car and having to listen to the wife wonder why I'm gone so long! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts