Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone removed the cataletic converters on their 300c? The make o2 sensor deletes for doing this. I've heard this improves fuel economy and a few more rear wheel hp. Any truth to this? Also I was wondering about chips for these, I know they make a few but I've never had much luck on gas powered vehicles. I know they work on deisels but do you get any better fuel economy and power on the 300c? thanks Dan

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
As for the cats I'm not sure, but as far as chips go the favorite is the Diablo Predator. The Superchips Flashpaq is the second fav but most people would tell you to get the Predator and a CAI like the Airhammer or AFE Stage II.

·
Registered
435 Posts
daon't know of any shops that would remove your cats, it's illegal and they get HEAVY FINES if caught, or can get closed own, and your car would never pass inspection (legally, anyway) is it still your DD or putting it on the track?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the DD, but the cats are getting pluged and it won't be problem to remove them around here. Anybody have an idea how much power & milege they claim out of the diable tuner?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's the DD, but the cats are getting pluged and it won't be problem to remove them around here. Anybody have an idea how much power & milege they claim out of the diable tuner?
I have no idea but a guy over on the LX forums got 8whp from the JBA hi-flow cat midpipes and 17whp from the catless mid pipes. Theres also the theory that that you will get better gas mileage. (which I beleive to be true but cant prove it)

I dont' know what the diablo claims, but hot rod magaize got 6whp and like 17wht out of just the tuner. That was before factoring in the exhaust and intake that they added. They also commented on how much faster the car felt after installing the tune simply because of improved shifting and response. I can vouch for that personally.

If you want to go catless, buy the JBA catless midpipes from highhorseperformance.com. I got mine for like 280ish. However the "1hr bolt on installation" is BS because there are clamps involved that must be heated in order to get them loose. You may be lucky but my clamps are currently immovable until i get to a muffler shop.

I am having them installed tomorrow by a mechanic friend (hopefully) so I will report back with sound and performance gains.

·
Registered
903 Posts
As far as I know the only thing that works properly to disable the o2 sensors is the Diablo Predator which will turn them off and you can adjust your tuning to maximize the performance. I tried gutting the cats before the diablo and my car ran poorly. One day soon they'll be back on...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I cut them out, and installed the O2 deletes. It runs fine and seems more throttle resposive and sounds better, whether it pulls harder I can't tell. BUT! now the check engine light is on and won't go out. Scanner says no troubled codes and unhooking the battery doesn't work, and it actully is getting a bit worse milage.............................Why do I screw with stuff, I just can't leave anything alone. The wife bought me a T shirt a few years back that said, "If it aint broke, screw with it till it is!" LOL.
I'm in the prosess of trying to get the Predator updated so I can get it installed and turn off the O2 sensors. I sure hope this helps. Sorry for the long post guys and thanks for all the help, this forum is very helpfull for us 300 newbys, later Dan

·
Registered
88 Posts
Well I cut them out, and installed the O2 deletes. It runs fine and seems more throttle resposive and sounds better, whether it pulls harder I can't tell. BUT! now the check engine light is on and won't go out. Scanner says no troubled codes and unhooking the battery doesn't work, and it actully is getting a bit worse milage.............................Why do I screw with stuff, I just can't leave anything alone. The wife bought me a T shirt a few years back that said, "If it aint broke, screw with it till it is!" LOL.
I'm in the prosess of trying to get the Predator updated so I can get it installed and turn off the O2 sensors. I sure hope this helps. Sorry for the long post guys and thanks for all the help, this forum is very helpfull for us 300 newbys, later Dan
Your predator will completely take care of that. Its simply your 02 sensors freaking out. Theres nothing wrong with your car. I am intrigued by you saying that you don't notice any power difference however.

I currently have my JBA catless midpipes sitting in my closet. It turns out the guy who did my custom catback actually tack-welded my exhaust clamps. So i cant get my friggan stock midpipes off!! Darn you quality exhaust work lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts