Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that alot of members have removed there 300,300c,300touring SRTand so on but NO one i have seen have removed the large chrysler emblem in the center of the trunk is there a reason for that? Im assuming theres some sort of holes underneth it? if you have removed yours please post a picture

Thank you
TonyG

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Yup . 2 holes . You either have to shave , fill and paint or replace with a nice BT emblem........

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey Tony - I am Tony as well! Haha anyways - about that wing - if you were to remove it you would be left with 2 holes in the trunk roughly 10 inches apart. You would to need to get the holes filled and have the trunk re-painted. Some other options you have are to purchase a custom wing through Billet Technology for around $200 or you can remove the stock wing and color-match it to your car (or whatever paint scheme you want). If you decided to paint the stock wing I would advise purchasing a brand new OEM Wing for around $15 - this way it comes with adhesive and you have a nice fresh wing to work with!

Hope this helps!

Tony

ps. here's a pic of my colormatched wing.

·
Registered
683 Posts
For me removing the trunk wing was a real big PITA, that tape doesn't want to come off. After about an hour I finally got it. Here is a picture of the BT wing. It is smaller than the OEM wing. Oh and you can buy the 3M tape for your wing at any autoparts store.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx alot guys i think im gonna just have the holes shaved n repaint the truck, just want something extremely clean!

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
That's going to look great . Clean and smooth on a Cool Vanilla . One of my favorite colors....if not the favorite .

·
Registered
26 Posts
so someone jacked my 300 emblem off of my trunk, scratched it up pretty good too, anyone know where to get a nicer looking replacement for it? i cant find crap online, i only find the custom chrysler wings.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Holes, love me...

Holes loves me not..

Not sure how it is for the 08's but I can speak for the 06's. First picture is how my car used to look and of course the newest picture you see has the holes covered...:fing02:

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holes, love me...

Holes loves me not..

Not sure how it is for the 08's but I can speak for the 06's. First picture is how my car used to look and of course the newest picture you see has the holes covered...:fing02:

looks good!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I see that alot of members have removed there 300,300c,300touring SRTand so on but NO one i have seen have removed the large chrysler emblem in the center of the trunk is there a reason for that? Im assuming theres some sort of holes underneth it? if you have removed yours please post a picture

Thank you
TonyG
I just got my trunk center emblem snatched:12:. Yes, there is two little holes underneath it. would you like a picture?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hi
Are nuts holding the emblem from the inside?:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
I have an 08 Touring Signature Series and no, there are no nuts holding the emblem. I pry'd mine off once and started to see the small holes on the trunk that act as guides and I quickly pressed it back into place. Anyways I had to remove the emblem and double sided tape that holds it on there becuase I jacked up the adhesive when attemting to remove it. Bought some emblem tape from Aut0 Z0n3 and looks great. I did removed the Touring emblem though...(no holes there)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi
Hi, well this is what i'v got left with.

I have ordered the new one and in discription it says "2 STUDS ON THE BACK OF THE WING ( JUST LIKE THE OEM ) FOR EASY INSTALLATION,
NO MODIFICATION NEEDED ( DIRECT REPLACEMENT )".

But the most annoying thing that i'v just putted new 300 emblems on the front and rear. Now iv got to wait for another set, all the way from US.

·
Banned
651 Posts

·
Banned
651 Posts
have a shop that can do aluminum welding, have them fill the holes and repaint the hood then your good

1 - 20 of 22 Posts