Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Apparently, Renntech (well known Mercedes Benz tuner) is making performance packages for the 2005 Chrysler Crossfires. If they are capable of tweaking the Crossfire ECU and installing camshafts and ported/polished heads, then you can be pretty sure they are capable of cracking open the 300c ECU and doing mods.

I'm at work right now. Anyone want to call and inquire? 561-845-7888

Looks like good news could be on the horizon for ECU modifications. :D :D :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Apparently, the 3.2L motor is more amenable to adding a blower, agressive cams, etc. as in the Crossfire R/T. $22,995! Power at any price? But, noting the old adage "there's no replacement for displacement," why would D-C opt to bore out a 6.1L engine for the SRT 300 and have it get slapped with the guzzler tax if technology could do the job?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not to mention the 3.2 used in the Crossfire is a Mercedes motor. The 5.7L Hemi is not. There are a number of posts here indicating Mercedes had little to do with the actual motor on this car...however the drive train, suspension and electronics were heavily influenced by the Germans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
$9,995 for a 47 HP gain is not good news in my book.

Getting 30 or 40 HP from a catback and CAI for under a grand would be good news.

A handheld programmer like the HPP, Predator, Superchips Handheld Tuner for <$400 to gain 20+ HP would be great news.

rogue said:
Apparently, Renntech (well known Mercedes Benz tuner) is making performance packages for the 2005 Chrysler Crossfires. If they are capable of tweaking the Crossfire ECU and installing camshafts and ported/polished heads, then you can be pretty sure they are capable of cracking open the 300c ECU and doing mods.

I'm at work right now. Anyone want to call and inquire? 561-845-7888

Looks like good news could be on the horizon for ECU modifications. :D :D :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
U got it right NJ...at these prices, you could buy a Keith Black 426 Hemi crate motor with over 500hp. Renntech must cater to the "who cares what it costs" crowd.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was unaware the Crossfire uses a Mercedes ECU. Thats a bummer.

Back to the drawing board....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crossfire SRT unwrapped

the reason that renntech is getting into the crossfire srt, which is primarily known for there work to mercedes, is because the SRT-6 is basically an SLK32 AMG, i believe something like 80% of the parts are on both cars, thats why it was so easy for them to make this kit, bascially they arlready had it, just had to do a little tweeking, The engine is an "hand-me-down" i think this is its 3rd different car it has been in, i might be wrong on that. Just letting you guys know. So i doubt that there will be a kit anytime soon from renntech.

·
Registered
18 Posts
NJCOBRA10tha said:
$9,995 for a 47 HP gain is not good news in my book.

Getting 30 or 40 HP from a catback and CAI for under a grand would be good news.

A handheld programmer like the HPP, Predator, Superchips Handheld Tuner for <$400 to gain 20+ HP would be great news.
Yo good to see another Mod Motor brother over here.
I have a 2003 Harley Davidson Edition F150 SuperCrew, plus I've owned a 03 Mach1 and a 2000 Lightning.
I see in your sig you're checking out the 300C for your brother.
Let me say this does he want one? YES!
Does he need one? HELL YEAH!
This car would easliy out run my 03 Mach1 (car was stock w/"ok"driver) on the street.
Now the L I had would eat this car alive, but that's a different story and crazy $$$ invested to do so.lol
Any questions on the 300 feel free to ask away if you haven't gotten any answers so far.

Later...
Bruce

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wanna"c" said:
I have a 2003 Harley Davidson Edition F150 SuperCrew, plus I've owned a 03 Mach1 and a 2000 Lightning.
Hey me too! Got a 32v Mark VIII and a few 5.0s. Love those 4.6s, though.

Even if Renntech made 300c stuff, it would be disgustingly expensive. I think a Renntech exhaust for a S-class Benz coupe is about $4000. Their chip tuning would not be any better than what we could get here. Let the locals tweak this motor like they do Fords and GMs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks - gotta change my sig. He has had his 300c for a couple of months now. He is loving it and looking forward to his second mod which will be upgrading the brakes. First mod was the air raid.

Dan

Wanna"c" said:
I see in your sig you're checking out the 300C for your brother.
Let me say this does he want one? YES!
Does he need one? HELL YEAH!
This car would easliy out run my 03 Mach1 (car was stock w/"ok"driver) on the street.
Now the L I had would eat this car alive, but that's a different story and crazy $$$ invested to do so.lol
Any questions on the 300 feel free to ask away if you haven't gotten any answers so far.

Later...
Bruce

1 - 11 of 11 Posts