Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if anyone else has this problem?

since day one, my CD's skip every now and then, I noticed it's nothign to do with bumps in road when driving.

I could take it to the dealership but I am reluctant since it's such a hassle.

If I wanted to replace the unit is there something that you can suggest that will fit the factory opening?

Thanks,

·
Registered
19 Posts
same problem

I don't have an answer for your problem,but i do have the same one as you.Can't decide what to replace it with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
05HemiC said:
I just wondered if anyone else has this problem?

since day one, my CD's skip every now and then, I noticed it's nothign to do with bumps in road when driving.

I could take it to the dealership but I am reluctant since it's such a hassle.

If I wanted to replace the unit is there something that you can suggest that will fit the factory opening?

Thanks,
I have this problem and mentioned it when I took it in for the first check up.
Just the other day, it completely went haywire, and now, it won't read any of the six disks in the changer. I called yesterday and have to take the car in. Yours could lead to this too, you may wanna watch it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, thank you, for the info, I have a feeling it's not going to magically go away either and for it to get worse, good point.

I actually wouldn't mind finding a nice aftermarket replacement.

Do you know of any?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you...I'm considering a replacement because, have you noticed how inconvenient the placement of the buttons are?

On top of all that, how are you gonna give me a six disk changer, and I don't even have a repeat button anywhere on it???

Do you know if you install subs and an amp does that void your warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
300PMP said:
I'm in the same boat as you...I'm considering a replacement because, have you noticed how inconvenient the placement of the buttons are?

On top of all that, how are you gonna give me a six disk changer, and I don't even have a repeat button anywhere on it???

Do you know if you install subs and an amp does that void your warranty?
Due to the vehicle's can-B bus data system, you can cause issues with the electrical system that may not creep-up for days, weeks or months. If you cut and splice into any wire, you are asking for trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts