Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My C has ~90,000mi on her and it's time for new shocks, I need suggestions!

Due to the shitty weathers and roads around here, I'll probably stick with stock springs for now. :ugh1: With that said, I still want some better handling shocks; sportier than stock but still good for soaking up bumps.

Does anyone have any experience with the Koni STR.T? What other options have you tried out? I haven't found any, but of course adjustable would be a plus. I was also intrigued by the FSD while browsing Koni's website, is there something similar to those (variable damping) that'll be compatible with our cars?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Will the Koni yellows fit? and will it sit higher than stock if paired with stock springs?

·
Registered
698 Posts
I installed BCR coil-overs this spring and had a real concern about ride quality on our crappy roads here. These things have 30 settings from 1 (soft) to 30 (spinal injuries). To match the rebound and jounce rate of the OEM shocks 8-10 seems to fit quite well. I have mine set at 5 because of the heavy 20" rims I have. The spring rates are higher than an OEM 300C but are really close to an SRT8. The springs themselves are set at 1" front and 1.25" rear lower than stock to avoid excessive camber changes. It's still more that stock, but what a difference in handling and tire wear is not excessive. Overall, I'm happy with them but I would recommend that you take a ride in an SRT8 and see if this is for you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Put 4 Bilstein Struts/Shocks on my 300 Limited about 1 year ago with 80,000 miles on the car at the time and the Bilsteins transformed the ride and handling. The Bilstein are quite a bit stiffer than the OEM sachs BUT ride terrifically and give a tight firm feeling on all types of roads. Well worth the money. I have Bilsteins on 3 other cars as well and in those applications the Bilsteins had the same effect as on the 300.

·
Administrator
19,609 Posts
I agree with ^^^^ on the Bilsteins. I've used them on quite a few vehicles and have been very, very happy with the ride I get with them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys! After reading tons of reviews here, as well as other forums (BMW, MB, Audi, etc.), I decided to go with the STR.Ts.

I've had Bilsteins on my parents' BMW E60 before, and loved the handling! But they just didn't like dealing with road imperfections at all, and so unfortunately not a good fit with the broken, uneven roads in my area. Maybe there's a reason everyone in my neighborhood got WRX's.... :shrug:

Montreal300, sounds like the BCR coilovers are actually streetable? I've always thought most coilovers would be too harsh for DD use, even with adjustable dampers. If i ever get a dedicated weekend/track car, coilovers are a must; but the C gets to see the track maybe once a year, if at all, I just can't justify buying a set of coilovers and not be able to use them hard. :(

The shocks are ordered and will be here via UPS anytime now, I'll keep this thread updated!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good choice and yes the BCR's are very streetable. I don't track my car but when I go to the US on a long interstate trip is spend 2 minutes to firm up my settings. Then it runs like its on rails. I might change settings once a month depending on where I am.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts