Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find a recent post on this subject so here goes.... I need to replace my stock 245/45/20's. I want to put 245/45/20's on the front and 275/40/20's on the back. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Brisbane that sells a good brand/great spec's in Brisbane for a good price?

Cheers
Rick

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Good luck. I import mine from across the pond and even with freight it still works out way less than half price

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Did you buy originals or something different? If you don't mind could you PM me the company you used.

Thanks
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,721 Posts
I believe Daryl earlier said he was somewhere east of Fiji. However upon reflection he may have said west. lol. That narrows it down to either Pago Pago or the highlands of Bougainville likely dodging machete wielding natives trying to eat him. So it may be a while before he pops his head up again, then again who knows, he may get a strong signal tomorrow and come back no problem. Either way I believe he uses Michelin Pilot Super Sports and if you look them up anywhere in Oz you'll faint at the ridiculous price. I'm not sure where he gets them, maybe Tirerack, check that out, cheap as chips there. Or just wait till he comes back or is regurgitated, as the case may be. ;) Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Tirerack had some great deals on the Goodyear Eagle F1's a couple of weeks back when I looked. Shipping seems to have gone up a bit in the last few years though. Plenty of cheap tyres on Aus eBay these days, but it's a bit harder to track down more performance orientated tyres. I have seen some good deals on Pirelli's in 275/40/20.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
Do not scrimp. The Pilot SS are beyond belief, quiet, smooth, SUPER sticky and a 30k mile warranty to boot!

Seriously, I'm on set number 7 and they are outrageously better than ANY other...

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Just checked and the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tyres are still at $153 each on tirerack, absolute bargin if you are chasing some, but only in 245/45/20.

·
Registered
94 Posts
$153 US?. What does that equate to landed in OZ roughly. Sounds almost too good to be true. Would struggle to get a decent 16 inch tyre from a tyre shop for that price.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
$153 US?. What does that equate to landed in OZ roughly. Sounds almost too good to be true. Would struggle to get a decent 16 inch tyre from a tyre shop for that price.
Your best answer too your question is have a look at the site your self it saves a lot of time and other people doing all the work for you. Not being rude but it seems easy too work that out!!! Then you know exactly how much the tyres are and how much freight is.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Unless they have upgraded their system, you have to request a shipping quote from them, you would probably land a set of 4 for around $1000 or maybe cheaper if you used a third party freight forwarder.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi all

I did a quick search of the forum and couldn't find a recent post on this subject so here goes.... I need to replace my stock 245/45/20's. I want to put 245/45/20's on the front and 275/40/20's on the back. Can anyone recommend somewhere in Brisbane that sells a good brand/great spec's in Brisbane for a good price?n

Cheers
Rick
Rick you can go 255/45 on the front and won't have any issues then by adding the 275/40 on the rear it would look better as well.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Popping my head back up. Steve was correct. Left Fiji and headed east to Pago Pago and now in aloha Hawaii. Been a while without the net. I do import the pilot SS from tirerack and it's about 150 a Tyre in freight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts