Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front left LCA, inner tie rod, and front subframe were damaged after running into a field, thought I might as well repair it with some better parts.

I know a lot of members here use Pedders, but the price is quite high for the front bushings set. Whiteline is cheaper, and seems to be quality stuff. I've also found Energy Suspension and Prothane's complete kits for even cheaper.

I've heard good things about all of the above. Which one do you guys think is best suited for our chassis? And what's the difference between them anyways? How much improvements do they really make? The Only suspension mods right now are Koni orange shocks.

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
I just did a major suspension replacement and went with MOOG for all of my parts. Definitely much better than the stock stuff.

As far as individual bushings, I don't have any experience to give you a good recommendation. Only that I've never heard a bad thing about Pedders (except the price of course), and lately I've been hearing a lot of good things about Whiteline.

Good luck. :fing02:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The shop already replaced the LCA with a NAPA since it's right across the street, Does MOOG feel any different besides better lubrication of the ball joint? Not sure if I want to switch to MOOG now that the part is already in.

When we looked at the tie rod, it is bent very slightly, it can still get aligned correctly, but I'm looking into a replacement rack anyways. Btw will SRT8 steering racks fit? I've heard they have quicker steering ratio?

·
Registered
698 Posts
The 2006 specification sheets from DCX list 16.1 : 1 as the ratio for the C and SRT8 steering racks.
The shop manual states that the rack is the same however the power steering pump operates differently even though externally they look the same.
The service check also states two different pressures for the two pump system.

So, the rack is the same and the pumps is slightly different. In your case, if you're changing the rack anyway, get a set of "bump steer" bushings installed at the same time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for clearing that up Montreal300, I was looking all over and all steering racks are 16.1 ratio, had me confused for a while! Apparently 2nd gen have 15.5, but I'm thinking they won't fit on our 1st gen.

I just ordered Whiteline front suspension & steering bushings from Speedlogix, awesome customer service and was able to price match! They should get here by Monday, I'll will post up feedback after the installation!

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Good stuff. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Whiteline products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts