Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick internet search on auto replacement carpet and it's cheap at about $130.00. I think in a couple of years I might change my carpet to the color of my upper dash which looks like charcoal. I think I'm gonna be real obsessed about keeping the light carpet looking clean and this might be the solution. I live in Cleveland where we get a lot of snow and probably will wait until the carpet shows much wear and why change new carpet anyways. It'll be a great way to rejuvenate my 300's appearance in a couple of years. I wonder how much to have premium carpet purchased AND installed? Has anyone ever had new carpet installed in a car...was it expensive...worth it...and how did it look and wear compare to the original?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I am currently keeping mine clean with a $7.87 Clear Walmart Floor Mat set plus an additional $1.30 square clear rear mat (to cover more area). Lastly I added another additional square clear mat under the kick panel and over the foot rest pad. My feet and those of passengers are always on a clear vinyl surface. All-in-all it doesn't look too bad, since you can see the carpet color through the clear. When it comes to get togethers or car club meets and shows you can put all the mats in the trunk and reveal the showroom clean carpets.

After two months they are still showroom new. Now the dealer did apply a "stain prevention" treatment to the carpet and seats, so that may be helping too. It's been raining a lot in Virginia. Without the mats, my carpets would be destroyed by now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
kcrnmale said:
I did a quick internet search on auto replacement carpet and it's cheap at about $130.00. I think in a couple of years I might change my carpet to the color of my upper dash which looks like charcoal. I think I'm gonna be real obsessed about keeping the light carpet looking clean and this might be the solution. I live in Cleveland where we get a lot of snow and probably will wait until the carpet shows much wear and why change new carpet anyways. It'll be a great way to rejuvenate my 300's appearance in a couple of years. I wonder how much to have premium carpet purchased AND installed? Has anyone ever had new carpet installed in a car...was it expensive...worth it...and how did it look and wear compare to the original?

Those replacement carpets aren't a bad option, but the ones I have used have been pretty low quality material really. It's easy enough to change the carpets. Just unbolt the front seats, pull out the rear, and then the misc things like seatbelt bolts and some trim needs to be loosened. It's a 1/2 job...

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Ya know it's really a double-edged sword... the lighter colors show dirt, the darker colors show lint. I added the heavy-duty premium charcoal mats with the winged logo, have you seen them? It's been a great solution for me. They keep the carpet clean and they also look great with the lighter carpet, adding nicely to the two-tone effect. I don't have snow issues here, but I have seen slush mats available for the 300. I personally don't care for the vinyl mats, reminds me of Grandma's sofa (just my opinion).

I have had new carpet installed in 5 streetrods now and the pricing varies widely depending on car size, type of carpet, etc. The greatest cost is in the labor, pulling and replacing seats, wiring etc. We almost always use Mercedes wool square-weave for our show cars; it looks, wears and cleans up great. If you're handy and have time, do it yourself but do yourself a favor and use quality carpet.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm using the walmart clear mats, $4.97 for set of four. They can be cut to same shape as original mats. However I am considering ordering the Chrysler premium mats in the dark color. Who has the best price?

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Best mat price is probably Wyckoff chrysler, mention this forum as a member for a discount. I got the same dark winged mats, I also have weather tech advantage mats which will go in on top of these at the first sign of snow.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I wish Chrysler would make the premium mats in the light color. I see a few of you who have put the darker color down on the light carpet and it looks fine, but I am holding out for the "match". Anything will be better than my mud and snow mats I put down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts