Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to replace the tires on my 2006 300C AWD. I'm worried that they will mess up the sensors. Where are the sensors located and do I have to worry about the tire people breaking ro removing them?

·
Registered
975 Posts
The sensors are located on the Air stem. You should not have a problem with the Sensors or if they are rotated to a different side of the car. The Computer only cares about the PSI rating and not its location. If you have concerns about the Tire shop messing up your sensors then I would consider another shop- LOL. Any reputable shop should be able to handle it though especially once you tell them that you have sensors installed. Good Luck.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Working at a tire shop part-time I see this question come up all the time. Check with the shop, but they should have a tool that removes the sensor so the tire can be dismounted. The sensor in reinstalled when the new tire is mounted. This shouldn't be an issue for any reputable shop. Just let the sales person know that your car is equipped with TPMS Sensors before any work is done. What tires are you getting??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the Michelin PrimacyMXV4s , Costco has them on sale this week. The car is definitely handling better then it was the with Continentals. The sensors are working fine. I took everyone's advice and let them know that I had pressure sensors.

·
Registered
906 Posts
The Michelin Primacy MXV4 Tires are a personal favorite of mine. Great looking tires that handle as good as they look. Enjoy the new tires, I'm sure it's a night and day difference from the Continentals.

·
Registered
8 Posts
swapping factory rims

im selling my friend my 22's from my base model 300 and hes putting them on his 300c,does he have to worry about tire pressure sensor?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
The sensors are just a small block that is within the stem. It screws on with a few screws.

The one thing that you do have to change is the rubber gasket on the sensors. This is to make sure you don't get any leaks and most larger tire shops have rules in place that ensure they are changed when you switch wheels. Sometimes they'll charge you like $15 for this.

If you just change tires you don't do anything with the sonsors and they simply stay in place.

As for taking stock sensors to install on "other" wheels, that sometimes can be tricky and they won't work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts