Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The purpose of this thread is for members to post site problems they encounter. My hopes that all SUPER moderators and ACTIVE site Admins will subscribe to this thread and that they will post to ACKNOWLEDGE they have seen the problem and what corrective action they have taken. It's essential IMO to have followup by those holding a position on this site.

I would also like to have this thread made a sticky.

ALL MEMBERS: If you find a feature that's missing or a problem with the site's software, please post your findings in this thread.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I found this problem here guys. I was looking for my recent posts by clicking on my profile and tried clicking on "Find all posts by Rambit" and got the following error:
---------------------------
Database error

The Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forum database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.300cforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.300cforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

----------------------------------

I first encountered this early this morning, but tried it just now and it's the same error. Same for "Find all threads started by...". I also tried a few other random members and the same database error occurs.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I think it's actually a search function error. I ran across it trying to do the normal search, or even access advanced search.

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's actually a search function error. I ran across it trying to do the normal search, or even access advanced search.
I think you're right Tim.

Bernie

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Be patient, grasshoppers. :biggrin:

As promised, the site software is being upgraded to provide us with more powerful and more flexible features.

This is being done without shutting the site down, which makes the transformation slower and causes some temporary hiccups. By all means, report any problems you encounter as we go through the process.

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be patient, grasshoppers. :biggrin:

As promised, the site software is being upgraded to provide us with more powerful and more flexible features.

This is being done without shutting the site down, which makes the transformation slower and causes some temporary hiccups. By all means, report any problems you encounter as we go through the process.
Understood and thanks, but IMO when these upgrades are done I think it would be a good idea to have the Admin make an announcement of these planned upgrades.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
And the timing...

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I'm getting the same error when I do any kind of search. It appears that several other members are reporting the same problem.

I found this problem here guys. I was looking for my recent posts by clicking on my profile and tried clicking on "Find all posts by Rambit" and got the following error:
---------------------------
Database error

The Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forum database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.300cforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.300cforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

----------------------------------

I first encountered this early this morning, but tried it just now and it's the same error. Same for "Find all threads started by...". I also tried a few other random members and the same database error occurs.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still??? What's the deal?
Ya know, I was thinking (hoping) what a great idea it would be to have an admin post in this thread to explain the situation. Trouble is they seem to be non-existant, MIA or flat out don't give a damn.

What a novel idea to have planned outages announced in advance.

Jeez, good thing I checked in another tab and see NR just posted while I'm still typing this...haha. What an even better idea to have NR promoted to admin status!!! Probably gonna get in trouble for that, but what the heck!!!

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Yep, still doesn't work. Hopefully they will fix it soon or at least let us know when it will be fixed.

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 151 Posts