Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 151 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
i am unable to add a reply in the buy/sell forum?
any ideas?
Yes....because you need to be an active member for a minimum of 10 days (you already meet the other requirement which is a minimum of 10 posts).

Once you hit 10 days, you will need to go into your User CP, select 'edit options', place a checkmark in the 'enable private messages', and then click on 'save' at the bottom.

This is one feature that currently isn't 'broken'.

bruno

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
THATS CRAZY, but rules are rules.
I can definitely empathize.

The good thing about this rule is that it prevents trolling from non-supporting vendors trying to sell things as well as some people who just forum hop to post up their sale items or want to buy. It helps to maintain integrity when a current forum member wants to sell or puchase an item and there is has been no credibility established with the 'new' member.

It's not a perfect rule but I can personally tell you it has cut way down on previous problems that existed before the rule was made.

bruno

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Okay guys, we are looking into it. We should have it figured out, or at least an idea of what is going on for you shortly.

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Search should be functioning again, sorry about the delay.
Everything's back to normal, so thanks for that!

Bernie

·
Registered
173 Posts
10 day rule

Thats cool.
I just seen a few items for sale I was interested in.
Maybe they will still be available in a week?

Just got my 300, joined the forum. Now caught the MOD bug.

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can't reply in the Parts For Sale forum

I tried to reply to a couple posts selling parts and it tells me I am not allowed to post. I have no problems in any other forum.

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I tried to reply to a couple posts selling parts and it tells me I am not allowed to post. I have no problems in any other forum.
That's not a problem, it's the site policy. You need to be a member for 10 days AND have at least 10 posts to be able to post in the Buy/Sell forums. That will come automatically, but for private messaging the same conditions apply. You will have to go into your User CP/Edit Options and put a check in the box next to "Enable Private Messaging".

This is meant to keep out spammers who are just here to sell BTW. Also, some boards have a much higher policy.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Preview feature turned off

I noticed that the thread preview feature no longer shows when you hover the icon over the threads when using the Active Topics selection.

The rest of the viewing options appear to be working for this preview feature.

Could someone who takes care of the tech stuff please enable this feature once again?

bruno

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
If you are referring to a little thread preview that pops up when you hover the cursor over the thread when you are in a thread listing, to my knowledge, nothing has been changed. When in the "Active Topics" screen, it is a completely different format as the thread listing pages. I will get with the Tech Wizards and see if there is anything that can be done to get that feature up and running.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
....When in the "Active Topics" screen, it is a completely different format as the thread listing pages. I will get with the Tech Wizards and see if there is anything that can be done to get that feature up and running.
That all might be true.

Just so you know, that preview feature has always worked in the past when the cursor was hovering over the Active Topics thread titles.

Thanks for getting someone to look into getting the feature enabled once again.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
The news that I have gotten as of yet is that there is something up with the template. This is most likely a singular character out of place, so it might take a little while to figure out what exactly is causing the pop-up to not... pop up.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
that's... pop up to poop out... (as in currently non-functional) LOL

·
Administrator
23,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 151 Posts