Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 151 Posts

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hi. OK. Thanks. Please let me know if he has a fix. Best regards, Bob.
Hey Bob, quick question before I pass this along. Is that pop up still "popping up"?

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Just sent it upward. I'd be tempted to deny it permanently though and it's probably a part of Google ads.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just got a PM back from JayC on this Bob and sent you a PM.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hope here to see more information, thank you
Yeah, me too man and you're welcome, but we'll have to e-mail it to you seeing as you're banned and all.

Love Bernie

·
Registered
288 Posts
Site burdened with Ads?

Even on a fast cable connection or LAN connection, each page seemingly takes 10-15 seconds to load. I use Firefox, and can see all of the ad url's flashing by in the lower left corner.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Those perimeter ads can be an issue - as their graphics load not fom our site server (which is very fast) but from other remote servers. Some are slow and this site tries to rehit them a few times, sometimes delaying the loads.

It is annoying - but I guess it is the price we members have to pay to maintain this as a "'free" forum. The owners of the site rely on the revenue from these ads to cover the cost of hosting this and dozens of other car forums - and, i guess, to return a profit to the shareholders.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Agreed, however, if a site gets to the point where the burden slows down the user experience, you lose users, and ad revenue.

15 seconds to load a forum page on a broad-band is a bad user experience.

When I'm on my air card, I simply don't visit this site anymore because the load time is minutes.

My $0.02 after tax, title and license. :)

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I've noticed the site seems to be loading very slowly too. I agree with Jim Turner. When it doesn't load, sometimes I just close the browser and come back and try again later. This is no way to get new users because unlike me, new visitors who are unfamiliar with the site will probably never return if the page doesn't load in a timely manner on their first try.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Agreed, however, if a site gets to the point where the burden slows down the user experience, you lose users, and ad revenue.

15 seconds to load a forum page on a broad-band is a bad user experience.

When I'm on my air card, I simply don't visit this site anymore because the load time is minutes.

My $0.02 after tax, title and license. :)
Point well taken, Jim and Ken. Thanks.

Comments like this give the admin here ammunition to lobby on behalf of the general membership with the owners of the site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
need to know if a car 300c is good to buy

i need to know if the
2c3ka63h16h352572 is good to buy it.
thanks for your help, but i have to take decision very fast.
thanks again

·
Registered
336 Posts
Gallery pictures are not viewable. All I get is a red "X". The thumbnails are viewable, but as soon as I click onto them, up pops the X. Also happened to my attached photos on threads. Gallery linked photos do not show. Outside sources (photobucket) do show.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Gallery pictures are not viewable. All I get is a red "X". The thumbnails are viewable, but as soon as I click onto them, up pops the X. Also happened to my attached photos on threads. Gallery linked photos do not show. Outside sources (photobucket) do show.
Thanks for the report.

The techies are aware of the issue - say the pics are there. Hopefully we will have the function working soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Why is it that when I try to view my profile is states "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."

Thanks!

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Why is it that when I try to view my profile is states "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view."

Thanks!
This is a problem we're VERY aware of and it's been reported to the AutoForums tech admins. The problem is that you have a symbol (.) in your user name. Any symbol other than the underscore (_) will result in this error in the software. This problem is affecting 100's of users. I can give you a quick fix by changing your user name if you like, but it won't fix the big problem. Post in this thread what name you'd like if that's suitable to you. All your posts will reflect the new name and nothing will be lost.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
This is a problem we're VERY aware of and it's been reported to the AutoForums tech admins. The problem is that you have a symbol (.) in your user name. Any symbol other than the underscore (_) will result in this error in the software. This problem is affecting 100's of users. I can give you a quick fix by changing your user name if you like, but it won't fix the big problem. Post in this thread what name you'd like if that's suitable to you. All your posts will reflect the new name and nothing will be lost.

Bernie
I noticed the same thing a couple of days ago when I tried to view someones profile who had a "." in their name and I got the same message. I knew it had to be some kind of weird software error because obviously they were registered or they wouldn't have a name at all. It's good to know why it was happening and that you are working on the fix.

61 - 80 of 151 Posts