81 - 100 of 151 Posts

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Think I will wait it out for now.

Like my user name!

Thanks!
Looks like the problem's been resolved and I've tested several others with symbols in their user names. They all appear to be working now too!

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Evening,

New member here. Wondering if you can help. When I go to save changes for my profile picture I get a upload of file failed. I see the picture under my current profile picture however when chatting with other members I do not see the profile picture attached in the chat.

Not great with computers so Im sure Im at fault. Please advise.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Good Evening,

New member here. Wondering if you can help. When I go to save changes for my profile picture I get a upload of file failed. I see the picture under my current profile picture however when chatting with other members I do not see the profile picture attached in the chat.

Not great with computers so Im sure Im at fault. Please advise.
You need to make sure the maximum size of your custom image is 150 by 150 pixels or 83.0 KB.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Phone App, Only works on WIFI

Having problems with the AutoGuide app on my Samsung galaxy S3
It will only work on WIFI. If I am not using WIFI it shows the initial red screen
(autoGuide driven by enthusiast) but doesn't get any further.
I have tried leaving it for over an hour and still sits on the red screen.
I have uninstalled the app twice and removed the battery, sd card and sim with no luck.
it doesn't seem to matter how good a service I have, makes no difference.
G 3G E H+ still no luck. Should have reported this a couple of months ago when it started happening.
Go back to WIFI and bang straight in.
Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
No, it's in the right spot. I haven't tried this on the S3 but my connection through an iPhone 4 has no problem. What connection method are you using if not via WiFi?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Its not a new S3 so doesn't have 4g
When there is no wifi around it just connects via standard internet data (g, 3g E, H+ etc)
I'm on the road all week and while I wait to load or unload I like to jump on the forums.
Sometimes you can be lucky and pinch some wifi but most times not.

Rather not have to buy a new phone just to use the forums.

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
Ahh...standard internet access via phone may not be fast enough. WiFi is faster. I had the same problem with my Droid RaZr.

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
I have to agree WIFI makes a big difference but I have the S3 and I haven't come across the problem he has mentioned.
When I'm on normal internet data, it certainly is slower but it does eventually get there.
Your possibly still right Michael but it seems strange that my S3 doesn't do it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Anyone else getting redirected occasionally to spam sites from here? It has happened twice now today. This last time I was in my settings, can't remember where I was the first time. Pretty sure I didn't click on any embedded links. I'm surfing on my iPad.
Not that I'm against boobies, but if I want to see them I'll find them myself.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Anybody having problems on the site? I am using the AVG free app with my iPhone and not sure if it is the site, my phone or the app. My iPhone freezes and then the app switches off making me load everything up again? I reckon it's the app or my phone but thought I'd just check.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
320 Posts
Did it just recently start happening? Wonder if it is related to what I'm seeing. I've only been redirected twice like I said, but that has only ever happened here and just recently.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Did it just recently start happening? Wonder if it is related to what I'm seeing. I've only been redirected twice like I said, but that has only ever happened here and just recently.
No it's been happening for a couple if weeks. Have just updated to the paying app and it's stopped. I guess they don't update the free one. Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
issues on the main site today, for me ....... no buttons around the text reply box work - Font / smilies / attach photo etc wondering if recent update to ie11 is kneecapping me

·
Administrator
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
issues on the main site today, for me ....... no buttons around the text reply box work - Font / smilies / attach photo etc wondering if recent update to ie11 is kneecapping me
Got a screen capture of this Miles? I'm not seeing any problems.

Bernie

·
Administrator
13,325 Posts
nothing to capture Bernie - all the icons are there, they just dont 'push' when clicked-on

I've reverted to ie9, the buttons work now, but its not a good product ref 'memory leak' - eventually it causes 100% CPU cycling & locks the computer up. Bloody things!

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Asterix

Can someone explain why when i posted a link containing the words "caliber******" the site wouldnt allow it and all the characters changed to asterix when saved.

Just curious thats all ?

Its done it again you see^^^^^^^^^
WILL NOT ACCEPT THE TEXT "<removed>" if you try and save it without the space between the "m" and the "z" ??????

jack

81 - 100 of 151 Posts