Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Administrator
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Can someone explain why when i posted a link containing the words "caliber******" the site wouldnt allow it and all the characters changed to asterix when saved.

Just curious thats all ?

Its done it again you see^^^^^^^^^
WILL NOT ACCEPT THE TEXT "<removed>" if you try and save it without the space between the "m" and the "z" ??????

jack
Without going into detail you'd have to go back to 2007 to have an understanding why that whole network of sites is filtered from here and all our sister sites including caliberforums.com. I know you were attempting to get your point across, but please don't circumvent the word filter.

Here's an excerpt from the rules that led to the action taken above due to solicitations to join competing sites.

Do NOT solicit our members to join your forum, or any forums outside of our network. Do NOT use this forum to promote your own, or other forums/websites outside of our network. Offenders subject to suspension or ban at our discretion and w/o warning
Bernie

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Without going into detail you'd have to go back to 2007 to have an understanding why that whole network of sites is filtered from here and all our sister sites including caliberforums.com. I know you were attempting to get your point across, but please don't circumvent the word filter.

Here's an excerpt from the rules that led to the action taken above due to solicitations to join competing sites.

Bernie
I was trying to understand it, not circumvent it. Thanks anyway, thought it may have been a competing forum thing.

jack

A

·
0 Posts
The purpose of this thread is for members to post site problems they encounter. My hopes that all SUPER moderators and ACTIVE site Admins will subscribe to this thread and that they will post to ACKNOWLEDGE they have seen the problem and what corrective action they have taken. It's essential IMO to have followup by those holding a position on this site.

I would also like to have this thread made a sticky.

ALL MEMBERS: If you find a feature that's missing or a problem with the site's software, please post your findings in this thread.

Bernie
doit now can't get on site again?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I don't know if it is surely a site problem? But it seems that way because I don't have issues on any other site or forum I frequent. Lately it has started opening a new page for me and prompting me to download some java update every time I come to this site. I clicked agree to the java update once just to see what it was, and the download it made was definitely not any java update. It appeared to be some kind of virus download. And today it started getting worse where it is now opening 2 pop up windows instead of just one.

I'm not a hardcore techie so I don't know all the details on it, but I would be hard pressed to think it is a problem with my computer when it doesn't occur at any other site I visit.

·
Administrator
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I don't know if it is surely a site problem? But it seems that way because I don't have issues on any other site or forum I frequent. Lately it has started opening a new page for me and prompting me to download some java update every time I come to this site. I clicked agree to the java update once just to see what it was, and the download it made was definitely not any java update. It appeared to be some kind of virus download. And today it started getting worse where it is now opening 2 pop up windows instead of just one.

I'm not a hardcore techie so I don't know all the details on it, but I would be hard pressed to think it is a problem with my computer when it doesn't occur at any other site I visit.
Norton Safe Web is reporting this site as safe with no threats - https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.300cforums.com.

URL Void is also reporting this site is safe - 300cforums.com safe ? Check it with URLVoid.

There's a few things you should do as this is probably related to your computer.

1. Check your operating system to ensure you have the latest updates (Windows Update).

2. Ensure your anti-virus program is running and has the latest definition files. You may have malware on your system.

3. Download the free version of MalwareBytes here and do a scan - Malwarebytes : Free Anti-Malware.

After this is all done you can go to the Java site to download the latest update if there is one - Download Java for Windows. You should remove older versions first and there's a link to do that on the page.

Bernie

·
Registered
931 Posts
Norton Safe Web is reporting this site as safe with no threats - https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=www.300cforums.com.

URL Void is also reporting this site is safe - 300cforums.com safe ? Check it with URLVoid.

There's a few things you should do as this is probably related to your computer.

1. Check your operating system to ensure you have the latest updates (Windows Update).

Mac auto updates are on and everything is up to date

2. Ensure your anti-virus program is running and has the latest definition files. You may have malware on your system.

No antivirus for Mac that I know of currently

3. Download the free version of MalwareBytes here and do a scan - Malwarebytes : Free Anti-Malware.

Guessing this is for Windows?

After this is all done you can go to the Java site to download the latest update if there is one - Download Java for Windows. You should remove older versions first and there's a link to do that on the page.

Java updates are automatic too, but I will check it to be sure

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
As I was typing that I had a feeling you would come back saying you had a Mac...haha. Well there was a recent security update for the iOS, but I don't follow Mac stuff. It does prove they're not infallible I guess. There is anti-virus software available for the Mac though and that must mean there is a potential for malware - https://www.google.com/?gfe_rd=ctrl&ei=GU0SU86-I6GD8QeM5oC4CQ&gws_rd=cr#q=mac+antivirus+software.

Wouldn't hurt to download one of the free ones and check your system.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I'm not having any problems and I'm using IE 11 on Windows 8.1. My Norton Antivirus isn't reporting any problems. It sounds like Someguys300c may have a Trojan or some other kind of virus that has hijacked his browser. I recommend a complete virus scan.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Is anyone else having any issues with this new updated site change?

·
Registered
119 Posts
cant see the right hand side of the screen. My monitor must be to small. there is no way to move the screen right and left either. That all from me thanks.

·
Administrator
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
What operating system and browser are you using? I see you're using the default skin. Have you tried switching back to the Legacy skin? Also, a screen shot would be helpful as well.

Bernie

·
Administrator
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
cant register , keeps asking me for make model year of my car .... no place to add this info ... please make me a account and a temp pw .. [email protected]
This should be resolved now as I removed those fields as required when registering.

Bernie

·
Registered
5 Posts
"location" field missing or invalid during registration?

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow, i am able to register while posting to the site problem section, but not when clicking on the "register" tab at the top...that was aggravating for the last couple DAYS.

anyway, time to go surf and enjoy the site *finally*

·
Have to be odd to be No.1
7,943 Posts
"location" field missing or invalid during registration?
We force the location field to be filled in so as to have an idea of where your located as every Country the cars can be different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That makes sense, but I tried 3 different pc's, a Mac and my phone, no where did the "location" field come up for me to fill in.

·
Administrator
19,566 Posts
I've noticed that NONE of the members here have any location or vehicle information in their short profile view on the main pages.

Why is that?

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Hey Team,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have let our tech team know about it and will try to add that field as soon as possible.

Thank you so much and Happy soon to New Year!

~ GP community support

101 - 120 of 151 Posts