Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 battery draIned by accident and recharged. Fob has been charged and is good but now the functions, open, lock, etc dont work..like the car and the fob dont see each other
Thankyou!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
2006 battery draIned by accident and recharged. Fob has been charged and is good but now the functions, open, lock, etc dont work..like the car and the fob dont see each other
Thankyou!
A dead car battery shouldn't have caused you to lose the programming for the fob. Does the other fob work?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You've got a few options. You can ask your local Chrysler dealer to reprogram the fobs. Depending on your relationship with them, they might do it for free or at a nominal cost.

If you have an Android device and an ELM327-compatible Bluetooth OBD adapter, you might be able to use AlfaOBD. I've used it to program the newer style RFH-1 fobs, but never the earlier 05-07 units. I have an '05 and an '07, but I was able to program additional keys for those with two working fobs.

You could also pay a lŏcksmith $150 or so to do the programming. I don't like that solution, because if the problem turns out to be something other than the fobs, it's like flushing the money down the toilet.

If you can't get the dealer to do it cheaply or for free, I'd suggest emailing [email protected] and asking the developer, Alexey, if it will allow you to program 2006 Chrysler 300 keyfobs without a working original. For less than a locksmith would charge, that's a program that will come in handy down the road as it has many diagnostic and configuration features.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've got a few options. You can ask your local Chrysler dealer to reprogram the fobs. Depending on your relationship with them, they might do it for free or at a nominal cost.

If you have an Android device and an ELM327-compatible Bluetooth OBD adapter, you might be able to use AlfaOBD. I've used it to program the newer style RFH-1 fobs, but never the earlier 05-07 units. I have an '05 and an '07, but I was able to program additional keys for those with two working fobs.

You could also pay a lŏcksmith $150 or so to do the programming. I don't like that solution, because if the problem turns out to be something other than the fobs, it's like flushing the money down the toilet.

If you can't get the dealer to do it cheaply or for free, I'd suggest emailing [email protected] and asking the developer, Alexey, if it will allow you to program 2006 Chrysler 300 keyfobs without a working original. For less than a locksmith would charge, that's a program that will come in handy down the road as it has many diagnostic and configuration features.
Thankyou
The fob itself is just about only a year old..does that make a difference?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.