Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I haven't posted in a while. I've been trying to sell my CSRT-8 for six months now, not one phone call. I started at $34,500 and now I am down to $30,500 with 4,900 miles, black no nav and no dvd. I have it in the for sale section here, not one offer. Can anybody lead me in the right direction, I NEED HELP :pat:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
what state are you in?

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Sorry you’re having such trouble selling your car. I understand the resale market hasn’t been doing so well. Since my car was recently totaled my insurance company just settled for $31,876 for my demolished 06 SRT8 …all options except rear nav and 45,000 miles. Considering they started at $28,000 I felt I was doing pretty well. I hope you have better luck soon. :fing02:

·
Banned
651 Posts
good luck, considering the cost of gas people are leaning towards smaller cars. i wanted to trade my car in about 4 months ago. they wanted to rape me for $12,000 from what i owe. your either going to have to find someone really stupid or take a huge loss. good luck

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
about...

those numbers are about right.

It's going to get worse as fuel rises, better get ready for it. Drop the price or keep it and drive it less.

Just be glad you don't have to fill up a fleet of GMC 3500 Savana's every morning like I do!

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Timing along with the fact that it's a two year old car and you bought it new are working against you. Good luck.

There aren't too many 06's that will have good-looking numbers right now.

Eric

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hate to tell you but I just bought an 06 with 4000 miles (with Nav) for only 27,500. The car is in perfect condition. Good Luck.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I honestly believe that right now as gas prices rise even the KBB values are high. 25 grand for a loaded 300C SRT-8 is probably all the money. I'd love to sell mine for 30; in fact, if I could get 30 I would sell it (and I've got a Quaife, Hotchkis, and CAI installed). But that's just dreaming right now :(

Steve

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gone with very mixed feelings I loved it!

The market is outragous and getting worse I sold mine to CarMax yesterday for $20. My brotherin law is a wholesaler here in VA and said the 06's will not bring a penny more than $17 so he suggested I cut my losses. I did. Good luck to you all.

Salty

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow, what a great time to buy an incredible car!!! I'm not selling mine, I LOVE IT!!! I'd set it aside in storage before selling.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Yeah - for all of you guys getting out of these, what do you plan on buying that will hold it's value so well.

Show me some other '06 cars that are doing better than ours??? I mean the 09's will be out soon so these will then be three years old.

Oh - and the SRT8 Jeeps are probably getting cheap right now too. I really like those :)

Eric

·
Registered
133 Posts
06' and its got 4,900m ? what did you do drive it home from the dealership? Thats brand new, but I'm not surprised in the market, goodluck, try not to drop the price to quickly, if you have the time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I was wonderng why sell it with only 4900 miles?
You have only had it for 2 years?

You should know that you're going to take a big loss selling a car like yours from new. Even with the mileage it's 2 years old. It sucks man!

Once you pull off the lot with a new car it's depreciated 40%. :pat:

I like the idea of storing it, and not using it too much if you can. This gas thing has to end soon or we're gonna be going to war somewhere. (Duh!):smashfrea

Otherwise, your going to have to accept the loss and it's not gonna be pretty. Sorry.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow, lots of people selling, I wonder if any of us will be aro in 10 years?

I buttoned my car up, am storing it, and bought a 08 Scion xD for daily driver, great car, a real hoot!

Hold onto your car if you can, you'll wish you did years from now when we are all driving electric plastic cars.

For the buyer out there - wow what a moment, sieze it!
I too have seen '06s on the lots in the low 20s.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts