Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked blue book value (private party resale) on my car, and I was pleasantly surprised...some of you may be too.

2005 300C
12,800 miles
every option except bluetooth and wood trim
excellent condition

$35,280! :arms:

That is awesome...I only paid 34,200, and that was over a year ago. I put about 5K down, and I'm paying 500/mo...sweet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
glenn4dde said:
I just checked blue book value (private party resale) on my car, and I was pleasantly surprised...some of you may be too.

2005 300C
12,800 miles
every option except bluetooth and wood trim
excellent condition

$35,280! :arms:

That is awesome...I only paid 34,200, and that was over a year ago. I put about 5K down, and I'm paying 500/mo...sweet.

Though I guess it's a good indicator that our cars are holding their value, I'm sure you don't believe that's it's actual worth considering someone can get one new for less. ;)

Sometimes it amazes me what I find on Kelley Blue book vs. the real world, but like I said, it's still somewhat of an indicator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
Blue book value is important for insurance claims, in case something were to happen. Nobody pays blue book, except for them if your car is totalled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rebel78 said:
Blue book value is important for insurance claims, in case something were to happen. Nobody pays blue book, except for them if your car is totalled.
I do realize that this doesn't mean I will get that amount when I sell...I have sold plenty of cars...but this is a very good indication that our cars are holding their value very well. If I were to sell today, I am confident that I could get at least 33.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
vvv90 said:
Though I guess it's a good indicator that our cars are holding their value, I'm sure you don't believe that's it's actual worth considering someone can get one new for less. ;)

Sometimes it amazes me what I find on Kelley Blue book vs. the real world, but like I said, it's still somewhat of an indicator.
Cool. I wonder if the SRT-8's are still going to sell for OVER MSRP?? :dunno:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Dante said:
Cool. I wonder if the SRT-8's are still going to sell for OVER MSRP?? :dunno:

No, in fact, there's one on here with only 500 miles for $4k off of sticker.

The SRT-8 will hold it's value better than the 300C however, but it's all relative. Since the price of the SRT-8 is $10k more we'll get hit with more depreciation percentage wise.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top