Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back again y'all...

Is there any way to reset the EVIC Average MPG to a 0.0 state?

In another thread, I muse about poor gas mileage so far, and I want to get a baseline idea of the efficiency over a full tank or two of fuel. It seems that when EVIC is reset, it keeps averaging based on the previous reading.

Does anyone offer a solution to this dilemma?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Back again y'all...

Is there any way to reset the EVIC Average MPG to a 0.0 state?

In another thread, I muse about poor gas mileage so far, and I want to get a baseline idea of the efficiency over a full tank or two of fuel. It seems that when EVIC is reset, it keeps averaging based on the previous reading.

Does anyone offer a solution to this dilemma?

Thanks in advance!!

I think you just hold down the right arrow button in the evic settings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you just hold down the right arrow button in the evic settings.
Yes, that resets the EVIC display but not to 0.0 -- at least on my car...

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Reset the Trip A or B mileage first, then reset ALL after the first right arrow. But even then if your motor is running, it will immediately show a new average. If you're not moving, or moving only slowly it will decrease rapidly toward zero.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Reset the Trip A or B mileage first, then reset ALL after the first right arrow. But even then if your motor is running, it will immediately show a new average. If you're not moving, or moving only slowly it will decrease rapidly toward zero.
OK! This sounds like a plan...I think I can do the reset with the motor off, but with the key in the "ACC" position. I'll see it that resets things to 0.0.

·
Registered
441 Posts
This function changed in the later revisions. My '05 C would reset to 0 immediately, but not the '07. Perhaps the latter is a more realistic reading in keeping with the new EPA requirements.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This function changed in the later revisions. My '05 C would reset to 0 immediately, but not the '07. Perhaps the latter is a more realistic reading in keeping with the new EPA requirements.
Yes, I think that the '08 will not reset to a flat 0.0. I tried the suggestions of other members, none of which have reset the readout to 0.0. It seems to be some manner of rolling average, which I guess is OK (and something Chrysler probably considers helpful), but doesn't help me for my purposes...

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
0.0 miles per gallon is just aweful gas mileage. I believe Top Fuel Dragsters get at least 0.16 MPG.

Slow down!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
0.0 miles per gallon is just aweful gas mileage. I believe Top Fuel Dragsters get at least 0.16 MPG.

Slow down!
LOL! Hilarious.... Yeah, I'd like to exceed the fuel-efficiency of a track car...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yea, mine looks likes it resets to the last average. When you reset it....it actually resets the averaging time to zero so the average will quickly go towards the present consumption! If it reset the actual average to zero it would take more time for the integrator to catch up! You have to drive a short distance to have an average. Again the C engineers made excellent choices!!!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, mine looks likes it resets to the last average. When you reset it....it actually resets the averaging time to zero so the average will quickly go towards the present consumption! If it reset the actual average to zero it would take more time for the integrator to catch up! You have to drive a short distance to have an average. Again the C engineers made excellent choices!!!!!!
For the most part, I'd agree that the then-DaimlerChrysler engineers made spectacular choices, however, with the reset capability of the EVIC Average MPG display, I'd say they made an error.

One should be able to reset the average to 0.0, especially at a refueling, so that one can get a sense of mpg for that particular tank of fuel. It only makes sense (to me at least).

·
Registered
544 Posts
My other Chryslers would show instantaneous MPG plus average which was nice. If you set the EVIC and run a tank I think it will agree with your math at the next fill up...

·
Registered
408 Posts
I agree with the prior post and my readings are very close to actual when I do it this way. I do also miss the running mpg and thought that was a good feature for passing time on the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts