Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead:Hey guys need a little help as i know some of you have done this before.Trying to change my reverse light bulb to a 7w cree but cant seem to understand where the connection is.Trying not to take all the trunk liners out just enough of the pins to reach in.I only see 1 connection and it looks like its for the top brake lights.My housing has threaded wing nuts to unscrew to take the whole housing out,but mine has silicone all around..dont realy want to disturb this seal unless i have to.How do i replace the light....thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Check the owner's manual.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did the same exact swap myself. You will enjoy the brightness of the Cree bulb.

To access the reverse bulb, remove the grocery hook(s) in the trunk liner near the tail light area. They are held on by a single torx screw. Next, peel back the weather strip if needed. Pull the trunk liner (in the area near the tail light) away from the car. Reach back there and undo the 3 wing nuts. They just twist off counterclockwise. The tail light can then be pulled from the car. Twist the reverse light bulb socket and swap the bulbs. Reinstall and you're good to go!

You won't get a lot of room when you pull the trunk liner back but it should be enough to reach in there and access the wing nuts.

Reactions: JUST KRUIZIN

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya thanks Zach,thought you had done it when we talked awhile back was wondering when you would reply....Thanks ,i ended up doing it today and they ARE great.It was just how you said regarding removal.7w with i think 15 smd around it also.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Diode Dynamics... i would be interested in your 80 watt LED, but your out.

Why $90?
They are made with CREE LEDs and are made using the most advanced techniques available. The components utilized in these bulbs are much more expensive than the ones found with a garden variety LED. Also, they are incredibly reliable and have the most brightness and light output of any bulb this size on the market.

Plus they come backed with our hassle-free warranty policies and knowledgeable customer service team

Feel free to PM me if you need more information

Nick C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.