Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway to turn this off? I did not RTFM, but I did search around here. I found out how to disable the annoying seat belt alarm, but not the mirrors.

Is it in the manual? My friends BMW can turn this feature on or off. I am not sure I like it.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Stugots said:
Anyway to turn this off? I did not RTFM, but I did search around here. I found out how to disable the annoying seat belt alarm, but not the mirrors.

Is it in the manual? My friends BMW can turn this feature on or off. I am not sure I like it.
Yes. This is a feature in your personal settings, accessed through the steering wheel buttons, which can be turned on and off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
HEMEEE said:
Yes. This is a feature in your personal settings, accessed through the steering wheel buttons, which can be turned on and off.


However, if you do alot of Backing , it comes in really handy and I love it as a feature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
I turned it on in my personal settings and it did take a while to get used to but I love it now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been annoying me for over a year now. I normally keep my mirrors pointed low, so I don't like seeing nothing but pavement when I back up.

What is the purpose? To see how close you are to the curb?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Stugots said:
......I normally keep my mirrors pointed low.....
If I was to adjust my mirrors like that, I would have some large blind spots that would necessitate extra effort & time to work around.

It might be beneficial to consider something like this: http://www.motorists.com/right/adjust_mirrors.html

This method is now routinely recommended by quite a few organizations. There have been several threads on this forum....most comments are favorable. Try it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,071 Posts
Stugots said:
What is the purpose? To see how close you are to the curb?

Yes, that's precisely the purpose.

Although I feel it lacks.

The reason being is that to properly align your side view mirror with your rear view mirror and effectively eliminate your blind spot yet maximizing peripheral vision you should angle the mirror outward more.

In doing this it negates the reverse tilt functionality because even though the mirror goes down it also needs to move inward to see down the side of the car.

It's a cool feature but pointless for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Is there any way to adjust the mirror position when the car is in reverse? I tried adjusting it once, but you can't save it without messing up the normal view.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
stugots,

Question, I may be the only one around here who doesn't know, but would you be kind enough to share how you killed that awful seatbelt reminder chime ? This bothers me more than the brake dust. I can not stand being forced to wear my seatbelt, if I WANTED to live forever I certainly would not have bought this car. THANK YOU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Its in your manual it explains it pretty well on how to disable the seatbelt chime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Stugots

So, his name is Stugots, he's too lazy to read the manual, and it's been annoying him for over a year?

Screw him.

Get off your lazy ass and read the manual, or be annoyed for another year.

Have a nice day!



Dan
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,177 Posts
O-U-C-H! Hey Dan, that was a pretty harsh statement to make to a new member. I seem to recall that one of our forum goals is to make new people feel welcomed, not ignorant. I believe that most new members eventually figure out how the forums work and ultimately resort to looking up answers in their manuals or by doing a 'search' on the forums before seeking assistance from forum members.

I remember not knowing much when I first joined. Eventually, I become more comfortable with the unwritten etiquette and gained the confidence to start asking questions.

Why not give Stugots a chance to see how we operate?

Best wishes,

bruno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Mr. obnoxious Realtor

Thanks for the advise oh wise one. For your info I got the car 4 weeks ago.I am sure you were trying to be funny to impress your friend(whoever that may be).Also, my lazy ass runs a very successful and time consuming contracting bussiness in N.Y.C. You know I've found the people on here very nice and imformative, but thanks for proving that there is an a**hole among us.Oh yeah '' Have a nice day!!



DanRealtor said:
So, his name is Stugots, he's too lazy to read the manual, and it's been annoying him for over a year?

Screw him.

Get off your lazy ass and read the manual, or be annoyed for another year.

Have a nice day!



Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
I agree with you Dan. Every word.
I also can't understand why the hell you'd not wear your damn seatbelt. As far as I'm concerned that's one of the most stupid things I've ever heard. Risk your own life, fine, but not wearing a seatbelt put the lives of all those travelling with you in danger as well.
Ever see a pinball banging around the machine? A **** without a seatbelt does exactly the same thing in an collision.
Great example of an unsafe driver, and driving a 2 ton missile no less.

I'm Kent Brockman and that's my 2 cents.


DanRealtor said:
So, his name is Stugots, he's too lazy to read the manual, and it's been annoying him for over a year?

Screw him.

Get off your lazy ass and read the manual, or be annoyed for another year.

Have a nice day!



Dan
 

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
Joined
·
7,554 Posts
Debate, But Don't Flame !

It might be a more effective choice if everyone here takes a deep breath and counts to ten . . .

This forum encourages lively debate on car related subjects with plenty of room for just about any opinion or point of view, as long as we stick to the subject.

This forum is equally well recognised for staying away from personal attacks on fellow members, new or old. Nothing wrong with disputing ideas - just don't call into question the intelligence or character of another member with an opposing view.

Play nice. 'Nuff said.

NR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Nuff said

Point taken.Live and learn.Thanks,



Northern Rider said:
It might be a more effective choice if everyone here takes a deep breath and counts to ten . . .

This forum encourages lively debate on car related subjects with plenty of room for just about any opinion or point of view, as long as we stick to the subject.

This forum is equally well recognised for staying away from personal attacks on fellow members, new or old. Nothing wrong with disputing ideas - just don't call into question the intelligence or character of another member with an opposing view.

Play nice. 'Nuff said.

NR
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
An opposing view is fine but when it's blatantly dangerous and just plain stupid it not only requires a question of ones intelligence, it demands it.
Besides , it was not a personal attack on a member, it was an attack on the action of not wearing a seatbelt.

'Nuff said


Northern Rider said:
It might be a more effective choice if everyone here takes a deep breath and counts to ten . . .

This forum encourages lively debate on car related subjects with plenty of room for just about any opinion or point of view, as long as we stick to the subject.

This forum is equally well recognised for staying away from personal attacks on fellow members, new or old. Nothing wrong with disputing ideas - just don't call into question the intelligence or character of another member with an opposing view.

Play nice. 'Nuff said.

NR
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top