Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased Gary's kit and have yet to have the time or weather to properly put the products to use. Today, in the cold and rain of Ohio I tried the wheel cleaner for the first time. I've used a fair share of standard store products as well as the Mopar wheel cleaner (came with my SRT8). My wheels were ashamedly filthy. I first cleaned one wheel with the Mopar cleaner I have left over. It (the Mopar cleaner) works decently, but with a fair amount of work, not to mention the buzz from the smell. Even after using it I had a few tough spots left on the rim from my abuse/lack of proper care. I pulled out Gary's cleaner and shot the spots and waited a short bit. To my amazement, not only did it clean those tough spots right off, it cleaned the areas around it even more than the Mopar had to a point where I simply recleaned the entire wheeel (and all others) with Gary's cleaner alone. No horrible smell and it works WONDERS. I even cleaned the inside of the rim (as much as possible) which was nearly impossible with the Mopar cleaner. Gary's cleaner just seemed to wipe off the thick break dust with relative ease. I can't wait to try the rest of the product if they are as good as the wheel cleaner!! Now I just need to try and figure out exactly how much I should be using so as not to waste! :) I still need to switch break pads to avoid this horrible dust, but until then I have a fanastic product I can rely on! :fing02:

By the way Gary, should your products be stored indoors during winter months if our garage is not heated or are they ok out in the cold?

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
You will see some product separation upon long sit periods with the sealant and polyshine products, but I don't believe normal OH/WV temps do anything to the performance of the products. Now maybe up in Canada where long periods of sub-zero are the norm... it might be different, but I'll be there are a lot more heated garages up there than around here.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Yep... Shake, Shake Shake... I can hear the music now...

Did you apply the cleaner to the tire rubber? It removes oxidation (runs off as brown water with rinsing) and leaves the surface with a clean, dry finished look... or ready for Gary's water-based rubber/vinyl treatment, which will give you a dark, "almost" wet look without the slurpies flying off the wheel after it dries.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, just the rims today... it was freezing and raining, but they needed the cleaning. The whole car gets the works on the first decent day where I'm not working. Will definately use it on the tires though, thanks for the tip! Looking forward to using the wheel treatment. I HATE offspray with some other wheel cleaners and the ones without it seem to last only a day or so.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't believe normal OH/WV temps do anything to the performance of the products.

If the products contain petrolium distillates, then you should not keep them
out in the garage if the temperature will drop below freezing (32 degrees f).

Petrolium distillates crystalize when they freeze, and that ruins the product.

See if Garys wheel cleaner has that in it. If not, you don't have to worry
too much about it freezing other than the fact that you would not be able
to use the wheel cleaner again until you defrosted it!!

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts