Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
glhs837 said:
I put my wifes 99 Blazer on my set all the time. No problem. The design is sound.
But, have you put your 300 on it? I need to buy a new set. The set I have is hard to use.....the body of the car hits the ramp before the wheels starts up the ramp unless I get creative.....I can make them work; but, its a real pain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that is the cheapest one so far. My friend bought a pair for $31 plus shipping and tax which came down to around $40+. I have used the ramp on 1991 honda accord and 2004 acura tsx with no problem. I have not tried it yet on the 300c. These cars are light compared to the 300c. I might have to try it when my volant cai gets here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
890 Posts
One thing to remember is to put them on a rough surface . I have my garage floor painted and when the front wheels start up the ramp they slide on the floor. Can only use the on the drive way it would be nice if they had rubber on the hole bottom of the ramp.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
^^^ Buy a roll of that rubber shelf liner like you use in your toolbox and place a sheet of it under each ramp... problem solved :wink1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
So basically you're telling me to put the duct tape away?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
djjasond said:
So basically you're telling me to put the duct tape away?
Heck no man! Tape the rubber stuff to the bottom of the ramps... then put some decals on those babies too, they'll make you work faster so you can get back to drivin' again! :burnout:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They do have some small rubber footing but not at the bottom of the incline where you need it. I used it on a flat rough surface and did no have any problems. I have yet to use it on the 300c though. I don't have my volant yet.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
speedmeister said:
They do have some small rubber footing but not at the bottom of the incline where you need it. I used it on a flat rough surface and did no have any problems. I have yet to use it on the 300c though. I don't have my volant yet.
I just used a jack & stands, but I'm little and it was easy for me to get under there.

**I just noticed our member numbers! :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
I had bought the Rhino Ramps at my local walmart on sale for $17. I use them when I change the oil on my 300c, and Durango. They hold up and work great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
563 Posts
frank29 said:
But, have you put your 300 on it? I need to buy a new set. The set I have is hard to use.....the body of the car hits the ramp before the wheels starts up the ramp unless I get creative.....I can make them work; but, its a real pain.

Nope, since I don't have one, I was reffering to the weight thing. Some folks have trepidation about plastic in this kind of application. The SRT-4 has issues, but a couple of 2X10 sections solved that:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Jerry M. said:
I had bought the Rhino Ramps at my local walmart on sale for $17. I use them when I change the oil on my 300c, and Durango. They hold up and work great.

I think I'm going to purchase these to have when I start changing my oil. Jerry M, thats interesting to know that you lift your Durango? I can get under my Jeeps very easy. But if they hold up for the Durango, they are definatley going to hold the 300C. Thanks a lot!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
rbb2000 said:
I think I'm going to purchase these to have when I start changing my oil. Jerry M, thats interesting to know that you lift your Durango? I can get under my Jeeps very easy. But if they hold up for the Durango, they are definatley going to hold the 300C. Thanks a lot!
I was changing the oil on my Durango without the ramps until I bought my 300c. Now I use them for both. The extra lift off the ground makes it a bit easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,719 Posts
Got mine at Autozone years ago for my Alfa b/c the steel ramps were too steep and hit the lower valence. Mine are rated at 12,000 lbs each. I also use wheel chocks, set the e brake, and slide my hydraulic jack under there for safety.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
speedmeister said:
Anyone use this on the 300C? It is rated at 8000 lbs capacity, 4000 each. I have a pair but have not tried it yet.

Thanks
I used them several times for my "C". No problems, just wish the raised the car a little higher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
II kings 9:20 said:
I also use wheel chocks, set the e brake, and slide my hydraulic jack under there for safety.
That sounds like me.....I like that sort of a back-up.....whenever I pull a wheel off (brake work or whatever), I always throw the wheel under the car.....ever since a scary incident many years ago, I use so many layers of protection its overkill, better than mebekilled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
I like Rhino Ramps too, mine are 12,000 lb rated. They work well with FWD cars. With my 300C, they slide sometimes when I'm trying to drive up onto them. The idea about the rubber might just fix that problem.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top